PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Monday 27th January

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Can't believe it's Monday again already. Slept a bit better last night but woke up at 4:30 when neighbour was leaving for work and couldn't get back to sleep.

Previously cooked mince and tacos for dinner tonight, have made some salsa and that is in the fridge and a blob of yoghurt will finish them off.

Better get a move on.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and warm and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Chilly here this morning, a little ice on the car, hubby's not at work today as he's working on Saturday, so he has a cuppa in bed.
    I've had porridge, I decided not to wait til I get to work although the porridge there is getting a bit better. Let's face it there are set proportions for making porridge so how difficult can it be.
    I sat on the toilet last night just before bed to cut my toenails & the lid shattered! I really must try harder to lose some weight, though I would have expected it to stand more than my 9 & half stone, hubby's not going to be impressed when he realises.
    Time I got ready for work.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    Morning :)

I survived the drive to collect DS yesterday, thank goodness I don't drink coffee because it had me bouncing all the way home :)

Today, I have all the washing to do, and a tidy up, I need to dishwasher all the kitchen accessories so my kitchen can get a good clean today.

Dinner tonight is Chicken Korma Curry (I'll cook it when DD1 is napping) and then the rest of the week it's leftovers, so minimal cooking :)

Lunch for DD1 is LO Pea Soup, followed by Mango and HM Yogurt. Not sure what I'm having yet, DS is having school dinners, and DD2 is still on Milk x

How everyone has a great day xxx
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 January 2014 at 10:05AM
    Options
    Good Morning all, bit nippy this morning but the end of January is in sight at last .Fingers crossed we don't get the white stuff:):)
    Hester sorry honey I just sat and giggled at your plight on the loo seat,sort of thing that would happen to me,but I'm a lot heavier than nine and a half stone :):):)
    Busy day today My friend is coming down from Dartford for the day and we are going out to lunch as a treat for us both.So lots of knitting & nattering will be done:):) plus I want to knock up some cakes for my grandsons They loved the choc chip cookies last week and I thought I'd make some small iced cakes this week for a change ,maybe a tray bake or two.
    Tomorrow I am out to lunch again with the Luncheon club at U3A.We are going to a local college where the students cook for the public, as a pratice.Fingers crossed it will be nice :):)
    My sis-in-law is off to Mexico for a month to see my niece (her step-daughter)I have told her to bring a suitcase of sunshine home when she comes.Still it is getting slightly lighter later now so hopefully spring will be on its way soon.I hate the dark mornings and nights.
    Right time for some porridge I think then a quick whizz round to do the school run with my youngest DGS Mikey.
    Have a good day everyone what ever you are doing
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

Hester - I wish I was 91/2 stone!

Cold start here today, got up early and just easing into the day as its my first day back at work. Looking forward to it and a little nervous :o

Going to have porridge for brekkie too, dinner tonight with be fish in breadcrumbs from the freezer and actifry chips - nice and easy.

As I knew I was going to be out all day I got a lot done yesterday :j also managed to get my work trousers and some new work boots too - that is why working outside the home really works for me - I would of normally thought - hmmn lets leave that till tomorrow :rotfl:

Anyway must remember to leave a few minutes early to scrape the car :(

Have a great day all.x
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

HH :rotfl::D

Off to work and I've definitely got that Monday feeling :(

It must be cold the cat won't move off the top of the radiator :D

Scrambled egg for breakfast , ham salad for lunch

Must dash , have a good day everyone xx
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Hester - Sorry, that made me laugh too!

It feels very cold this morning even though there is hardly any frost.

I have a day pass for the local Roko gym today. My friend is a member so I am booked in for three classes today: Yoga this morning and then Body Combat and Functional Core this evening. I fully expect not to be able to move tomorrow :) Part of me is regretting it already, she is very driven and I am not!

Right must dash and get ready. Porridge and nana for brekkie. Dinner, I have no idea at the mo.

x
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hugs to all those that are feeling sad/poorly x

Still dark, wet underfoot but can't tell at the moment whether we've had a frost.

DH up and now getting ready to go to work.

Lunch yesterday was delicious roast chicken, roast potatoes, mash, cauli/brocc cheese, carrots, peas, yorkshires and gravy. No-one had room for dessert, but then had a cuppa and a biscuit/slice of cake in the evening. Tonight menfolk will be having ham, egg, chips, jacket potato for me.

Had a chilled day yesterday went to see the outlaws and my parents, and I'd pre-set the oven to come on with the chicken in so at least we didn't eat in the middle of the afternoon. DH spoke to our friends yesterday afternoon who said they had to come this way yesterday evening so if they got time they would call in for a cuppa, unfortunately they didn't arrive, but when DH was talking to them on the phone they had got family visiting. We'll see them soon no doubt.

Had some very good fortune last night and am still very pleased as I won £120 on an online game - best part of all I won it with no outlay to myself, I used winnings from free games that I'd saved up - so am waiting for that to hit the bank account - very nice way to round of the weekend!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Much colder here today and I think we are due some 'wintery showers' later on. I am off to work as is dd and OH, so dinner tonight will be a quick bacon / pasta something.

Got loads of washing done over the weekend its draped all over the house, we are saving for a tumble dryer which we hope will help cut down on the condensation.

Need to do an online shop tonight and will probably do another wash.

Have good days all xx
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

chilly and still darkish here, so we'll see if the dreadful amount of rain promised does arrive before I get back from the post office.

Busy day pushing pen across paper today, so the walk will do me good as long as I don't drown.

SW green day today so HM lentil soup for lunch and DH wants egg and SW chips tonight, I've got some butternut squash sitting there in chunks so I'll do the potato the same way. Got to love a diet where you eat so much :D

Hugs all round, stay warm today! x
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family