Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's true L. Hope things are good with you?

Today I need a plan. Slowly slowly recovering from both the lurgy and my eye injury. But I am tempted to go back to bed for a bit as I'm pretty tired. Can't decide if I will regret that.

There are a raft of things I should get done today but they are all boringly domestic. Still not well enough to run, plus the weather is wild. So it's chores and spreadsheets and maybe some packing of boxes.

Also need to go to the shops for milk, cook a ham, collect DS from nursery and well that's about it.

Hmm - going back to bed seems more tempting by the second :p
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,757 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A 4.30am start for me so bed does indeed sound good.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Ouch - that is early!

Have done one of the important money things. Cancelled the SO from my childcare voucher scheme to the nursery. Next month he only has one week and DH's voucher will cover it. We've decided to let mine build up before my last pay cheque, so we can use them towards more sporadic childcare once we move.

Took DS for shoes today. We live near an outlet shop, so got a couple of pairs of too big skechers before we move; However to counter that (sort of) I paid in some birthday cash of his that has been kicking around forever. Also £14 of coin smush went into our bills account. Did a bit of food shopping. This has been a bit more disorganised recently as I've been feeling so bleurgh that I can't be bothered with it all.

Really need to get my head into moving mode. Next big task is to pay the deposit on the new place.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    So the deposit and first month's rent has been paid. I've paid this out of savings. Fortunately yesterday was payday and the last of my bonus went in, which has re-instated that part of the balance. Plus I should get our £1800 :eek::eek: back from this place once we move out.

So only one more paycheque to go though. In 5 days our new credit card month kicks off and I will have to tell DH that from then on, he has to pay the full balance. So reality is going to start biting.

I haven't actually updated my budget for this month. Perhaps I should put that on today's list. It's that or pack boxes. Ah the fun life I lead :p

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope all going OK. You're bound to have patches when you're a bit less focussed (especially if you've been ill/had an injury!)..be kind to yourself.

Hope you have a good rest of the week and weekend. Weather here is lush, think it is your way too :D
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Hope you're doing OK MFM....keep in touch xx
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Hope you're doing OK MFM....keep in touch xx

I'm here and fine. Moved house and just got internet back. Lots and lots to catch up on!

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Still lots and lots to catch up on. Got the deposit back for the old house in full. Need to sort electricity out on the new house. Have received both my last pay cheque, and my redundancy. And the other policy paid out that I had forgotten about. So I've requested a redemption statement and will pay off my BtL mortgage. That will take down my monthly DD's to well under the BtL income so takes the pressure off DH's pay cheque.

On the very much not good news basis, our food shopping is out of control. We've been to the Co-op every day as far as I can tell, and seem to spend £15 every single time. This is going to have to stop. :eek: I've got the online shopping set up but still not quite in the groove. Must. Do. Better.

Anyway another busy few days ahead so just popping in to say I'm still here, really!

• brizzlegirl
    Options
    Hope alls good...paying off the mortgage sounds amazing. Very jealous :)
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Hope alls good...paying off the mortgage sounds amazing. Very jealous :)

It's a nice feeling Brizzle, but my current situation has come about via a combination of a very long-ago purchase, and a health situation I'd rather not have had. :( Still, if the health stuff continues to be good news, then I'm glad the policy was there and it's taken away a level of worry, and given me flexibility to enjoy my little guy whilst he's still little :D

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family