Moving house, what should i do about sky?

Options
Hi, i have been with sky for nearly 20 years but now i am moving house. Should i call sky to see if they will offer me a good deal or do you think i should cancel it and get a new connection as a new customer in the new house?

What will get me the best deal?

Comments

• MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    Assuming you are out of minimum term phone them and ask. As a new customer you can easily negotiate a 50% discount for the 12 months (web chat is good for this). I would guess that as a new connection that is the best you will get. Normally you have to pay them if you move house so giving notice then getting a new connection might be best. Its worth phoning though.
  • guzzbuzz
    guzzbuzz Posts: 401 Forumite
    Options
    MataNui wrote: »
    Assuming you are out of minimum term phone them and ask. As a new customer you can easily negotiate a 50% discount for the 12 months (web chat is good for this). I would guess that as a new connection that is the best you will get. Normally you have to pay them if you move house so giving notice then getting a new connection might be best. Its worth phoning though.

Yea i am out of minimum term, im going to call them now and see what they offer me as an existing customer looking to move house.

The new house already has a sky dish installed so its not like they will have to do much work?
  • Steven328
    Options
    I'm also moving house soon. Gave them My cancellation order as They require exactly 31 Days notice . Don't want the person moving in to continue using My Sky Tv and phone line at My Exspense !
    Have missed two calls from their Winback team with some form of offers I think . Tried to contact them direct via Sky customer team but they have no access to Winback team as they are a separate external team.
    So will just sit tight and wait for call ! Worse scenario is that I register as a new customer via Quidco . Get a good deal and a new box as well.
    I Would call them up to see what they offer You and if you don't like it to cancel ! They will call you back !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure