daggys debt diary

Hello anyone who may read this and welcome to my first (and only hopefully ) debt diary.
Have been reading lots of diaries on here for some time and finally decided to take the plunge and start my own .
Credit card 9942 :o
Credit card today 9677
1st challenge 225/918

Replies

• DomayneDomayne Forumite
    623 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good luck with your debt busting and happy new diary! :D
    Saved so far - £28,890.97
    ~Selfish is the name that the jealous give to the free~
    Save 12k in 2019 #18 £5,489.43/12000
  • I'm hoping I posted that correctly !
    As of today my debts stand at £9942 !I have had a couple of goes at reducing them over the past year but I get about £500 paid off and lose all willpower so I'm hoping posting on here will keep me going .
    They are all on 0% until at least another 9 months .
    Cc 1 balance=5468
    Cc 2 balance =2786
    Cc3 balance =1688
    I pay slightly over the min payments every month but I know I can do better .
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
  • Domayne wrote: »
    Good luck with your debt busting and happy new diary! :D

Hello and thank you :)
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
  • Hi just wondering how I add a signature ?
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
  • Hiya daggy, welcome to MSE!

to add a signature- go to the green bar at the top of this page and click on 'User CP'.
    That will bring you to a new page with lots of option on the left hand side. Just click on 'Edit Signature' and a box will come up for you to write in. Then save!
  • Thank you WantToBeSe
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
  • I have sat down and worked out my money for the month now to actually stick to it !
    I have ended this month with £1 in my pocket and £1.80 spare in my bank account...not too bad since I paid my car tax and mot this month.
    The pound in my pocket will go in my sealed tin and I think I'll add the 1.80 to my cc payment.:-)
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
  • First payment made to the cards today .
    I`ve realised that one of the cards is charging me interest because I spent on it so first job is to get that down.This is the only card I spend on, the others are just used for balance transfers .I think I may have to hide it.
    Done the first shop today of the month which came to £123!! Some of it was clothes for school and we were out of practically everything so it should even out next week .
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
  • Hello, just want to say good luck :)

I'm in quite a bit of debt too, the people on this site are lovely and very encouraging.

Are you going to post a SOA? That way people can see if you are overspending in any areas.
    Debts CC1 1424 // CC2 1836.65 // CC3 [STRIKE]973.40[/STRIKE] 823.70 // CC4 [STRIKE]609.05[/STRIKE] 459.04 // Very [STRIKE]422.25[/STRIKE] ah now 533.53 :(
    Total [STRIKE]7036.54[/STRIKE] 5076.92 :eek: !!!
  • Hi and thank you ,good luck to you too
    We have filled out a soa although I haven't yet posted it .To be honest it was more to prove to myself (and the oh )that we have enough to cover our living costs.which as it turns out we do just about !
    We have taken steps to reduce some of our outgoings already.
    The tv package has been reduced,oh discovered that his bank account already covered phone insurance so that's gone ,electricity bill has been reduced since we no longer run a tumble dryer and I have renewed my insurance which included breakdown cover at a cheaper quote.Still a way to go but things are looking up :-)
    Credit card today 9677
    1st challenge 225/918
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals