puzzler.com competitions - regularly updated

Options

Comments

• grumpyoldwoman
    grumpyoldwoman Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 June 2014 at 3:48PM
    Options
    I don't know if it's because I'm old, or because the site is new, but I don't think it's as user friendly as the old one was. Plus, what's happened to all the usual online puzzles? The ones I used to like doing aren't there anymore - hanje, pieceword, pathfinder, logic problem. The only one left I used to do is the crossword. I don't like sudoku, wordsearch or kriss kross. And you used to be able to see 7 days worth of puzzles at once so that if you missed one or two days you could catch up. That seems to have gone too as you can only see today's puzzles.

Bottom line .... I don't like it! :(

Quick edit. I've just realised the puzzles I like and which aren't there are weekly puzzles and maybe won't show up till next Monday. So I'll wait till then to pass fnal judgement.

Just found something else wrong. I get a script error when trying to enter the online competitions. I can do the crossword ones ok, but any that are wordsearches I just get a blank grid and a script error message, and the fitwords ones I get the error message and can't put any of the words in the grid. It's only happening on the competition pages, I can do the wordsearches and kriss kross puzzles in the daily puzzles area.

And the two crossword online puzzles I have entered just now aren't showing in the puzzles entered part of my account. It's all very frustrating.
  • rainy12345
    rainy12345 Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    enter here..
    http://www.puzzler.com/

Comp 11602- £6000 Cash Competition
    Answer: LAWN

prizes -
    1 x £2,500, 2 x £1000, 3 x £500
    :j
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rainy12345 wrote: »
    enter here..
    http://www.puzzler.com/

Comp 11602- £6000 Cash Competition
    Answer: LAWN

prizes -
    1 x £2,500, 2 x £1000, 3 x £500

I can't find it. Sorry to be dim but I just can't work out where this is on the site. Help anyone pls?
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hdh74 wrote: »
    I can't find it. Sorry to be dim but I just can't work out where this is on the site. Help anyone pls?

Guide to The New Puzzler Website

Welcome to the all-new Puzzler.com – your one-shop stop for puzzles!

The new site looks very different to the old one so below you'll find information on:

Logging in for the first time
    For a smooth introduction to the new site, please take the time to read this guide – thank you!

http://www.puzzler.com/customer-service/guide-to-new-puzzler

if you put the ID comp number in the search box on puzzler it will bring it up for you x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• glm68
    glm68 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi
    Log in and go to competitions. i found it easiest to put in the comp ID. Hope this helps:)
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hdh74 wrote: »

Click link

http://www.puzzler.com/competitions

The competition is in third section, sixth in list, click box for comp.

Good luck
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Online competition

http://www.puzzler.com/competitions/online-competitions/11562

Click on link and then "Enter" at the bottom.

I don't think this has been posted already, but I hadn't entered it when I clicked on it.

It says at the bottom that you can play as many times as you like, but your last entry will count as your competition entry.

2j5hqq9.jpg
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 June 2014 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Online competition

http://www.puzzler.com/competitions/online-competitions/11562

Click on link and then "Enter" at the bottom.

I don't think this has been posted already, but I hadn't entered it when I clicked on it.

It says at the bottom that you can play as many times as you like, but your last entry will count as your competition entry.

2j5hqq9.jpg

thinking it's here..:)

E: 02/07 Chat Puzzles Select issue 145

Chat Puzzles Select issue 145

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=65649762&postcount=129

comp ID: 11562 p31, 3X SUPPLY OF RICOLA SWEETS
    answer = NATURAL
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

With the Online Competitions section, Puzzler have always included puzzles that are also in various magazines. The place to look is below the picture where it says something like:
    This is just one of the competitions featured in Chat Puzzles Select, issue 145.
    Normal practice is to wait for the regular poster to post the answers from the magazine, although you are free to do the online puzzle if you want.

They do have one competition usually every 2nd Tuesday which is NOT in any magazine - This is the one that Flying Dutchman posts for us.
  • grumpyoldwoman
    Options
    I've just realised the puzzles I like and which aren't there are weekly puzzles and maybe won't show up till next Monday. So I'll wait till then to pass fnal judgement.
    Well, the hanjie, pieceword, pathfinder and logic weekly puzzles haven't appeared as they usually do on a Monday. I emailed Puzzler to ask about it and got this reply...

"As you are aware, the new site offers a reduced number of new puzzles each day that you can play online. Economics dictate that we cannot continue to make available so many puzzles that can be played for free: as a business we need to survive in order to make any puzzles at all.

That said, the current online puzzles are only an interim measure. The puzzler.com site will be supplied by our digital Puzzler World service, with puzzles that have greater functionality than those currently available, and an offering that will evolve with developments."

So, in other words, if I want to do these particular puzzles I have to buy the magazines. The reason I like doing these puzzles online and not in a magazine is because if I make a mistake I can undo it.

Final judgement on the new site is I DON'T LIKE IT!! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport