Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,439 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yah to the cheques :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hope you are resting enough and using your spoons wisely.x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 10 September 2017 at 12:12PM
    Options
    I hope you are well, KC. Well done on getting your DVD recorder to work even if not yet with all it's functions. You are much more techy than me although I'll persist until I find a solution of sorts even though it may take a long long time. I'm stubborn that way and only ask for help or directions if absolutely desperate:o. It's a good thing that I do try to fix things though as OH is an absolute technophobe and I have to fathom things out for both of us:eek:

Feeling a bit bereft this morning as all our lovely house martins have upped and left us:(. One minute the skies were full of them, diving and swooping and suddenly they all disappeared:eek:.I think it's a tad early for their migration back to Africa, if I recall accurately it's usually a bit later in September when they leave. This summer has been such a windy, cool and rainy washout though that I expect they've had enough of it and think Africa is more appealing. Silly me, giving reasoning powers to birds:rotfl:
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Carboot that is very Tony Soprano.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 10 September 2017 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Carboot that is very Tony Soprano.

Err, sorry, what is???? I've heard of Tony Soprano of course but haven't a clue how what I said relates to him in any way:rotfl:

EDIT: How sad am I? I've just been and Googled Tony Soprano:rotfl:. I've obviously too much time on my hands:o.

Wikipedia describes him as often displaying behaviour traits characteristic of a violent sociopath, and also as an avid animal lover with a sentimental attachment to animals.

I hope it was the latter trait that I brought to your mind and not the former:eek:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's okay CBC, I wondered what was Tony Soprano about that, too :rotfl:
    I hope you are well, KC. Well done on getting your DVD recorder to work even if not yet with all it's functions. You are much more techy than me although I'll persist until I find a solution of sorts even though it may take a long long time. I'm stubborn that way and only ask for help or directions if absolutely desperate:o. It's a good thing that I do try to fix things though as OH is an absolute technophobe and I have to fathom things out for both of us:eek:
    I read "techy" as "tetchy" at first :rotfl: thought it was quite surprising to read that :rotfl::kisses3:
    Feeling a bit bereft this morning as all our lovely house martins have upped and left us:(. One minute the skies were full of them, diving and swooping and suddenly they all disappeared:eek:.I think it's a tad early for their migration back to Africa, if I recall accurately it's usually a bit later in September when they leave. This summer has been such a windy, cool and rainy washout though that I expect they've had enough of it and think Africa is more appealing. Silly me, giving reasoning powers to birds:rotfl:
    I think that's exactly what they've done :D I've been reading a lot of anecdotal evidence of an early winter - this sounds like another one.

I *have* figured out a way to record without the adverts (you have to watch it at the same time, of course, so its only things that I want to keep). It's also a lot slower than I remember, *plus* the remote is dying, so I won't be doing it very often :rotfl:

Otherwise, a quiet day, I'm doing a few bits and bobs, but no focus whatsoever, just a gentle faff.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Err, sorry, what is???? I've heard of Tony Soprano of course but haven't a clue how what I said relates to him in any way:rotfl:

EDIT: How sad am I? I've just been and Googled Tony Soprano:rotfl:. I've obviously too much time on my hands:o.

Wikipedia describes him as often displaying behaviour traits characteristic of a violent sociopath, and also as an avid animal lover with a sentimental attachment to animals.

I hope it was the latter trait that I brought to your mind and not the former:eek:

Sorry I know what I'm on about! Tony has a family of Ducks living in his swimming pool, who raise their babies and fly away leaving him bereft.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had no idea either, shs, never watched it! At least, I watched the first season for how entertaining it was to see Tony going to a therapist, and the contortions she had to pull ethically to be able to work with such a criminal :D I've pulled a few contortions myself in my time :eek:

Anyway, popped back on to say that I may finally have updated *all* my bits and bobs on amazon - for ordinary purchases, for sales of used books, and for kindle sales. Between my ordinary bank account details being changed by the bank, and the old one I used for the kindle sales being closed for inactivity, plus constantly changing my passwords in various bits, it was very untidy. Better now :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,439 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on sorting out all your bits and bobs.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sorry I know what I'm on about! Tony has a family of Ducks living in his swimming pool, who raise their babies and fly away leaving him bereft.

Thank you, all is explained:T:beer:

I haven't seen a single episode of The Sopranos but have no idea why. I know lots of people with similar tastes to mine who were/are big fans. Might look out for some repeats;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure