Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gold star achievement on phoning the pensions companies:T:T

Only a year of the French mortgage left, too - woohoo! :j Great stuff!

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your window shopping went well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello lovely peeps :)

No Chinese burns here :rotfl: unfortunately no birthday cards for people with a zero at the end of their numbers either, grrr. But I had a pleasant mooch about - nearly bought a couple of basil plants in Lidl, 65p a go, but the queue was so long, I couldn't quite hack it.

Shattered, deeply shattered, when I got back, in a very "gland-y" sort of way. I'm wondering about lymphatic drainage, I remember that being mentioned on here, and I just **feel** like it would help. Will do some research soon. I'm also copying anti-inflammatory info from a library ebook.

Still felt good this morning - only woke once in the night :j and actually felt *good* as I got up. That's very, very precious.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • michelle09
    Options
    That's always the problem with Lidl - it always seems to have insanely long queues. At least it gives you a chance to think if you really want it.

Hope the good awake feeling continues!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Well done on eating your frog KC.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you both :):):)

That's a good point about the length of the queue making the shopping mindful :rotfl: I really, really want the basil, but it's like the kefir my SiL gave me: it's not the right time, and it would die before I repotted it.

Just had a thought about future food shopping - the town in the *other* direction on the railway line also has a Lidl, and its nearer/cheaper to get to. If I took my trolley :o I could definitely buy enough to make a monthly trip worthwhile.

I've been mooching around indoors too long. Off out for an encounter with the outside world :)
    Save
  • michelle09
    Options
    You should have ours! It's taking over my kitchen windowsill and will probably die while we're away on holiday. Might have a go making some pesto with it. Or a lot of basil heavy meals in the next week.

Enjoy the outside world. :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Awesome to feel *good* as you wake up.
    Please send here.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    You should have ours! It's taking over my kitchen windowsill and will probably die while we're away on holiday. Might have a go making some pesto with it. Or a lot of basil heavy meals in the next week.

Enjoy the outside world. :)
    Aw, thats sweet :kisses3: but yes, go for some pesto :j my drug of choice :rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Awesome to feel *good* as you wake up.

Please send here.
    Oh beanie, I know, I know :( I was thinking of you.

My sister has been caught up in the Ryanair debacle - right now she's being bussed between Danish airports :( we hope she'll get home before dawn ...
    Save
  • beanielou
    Options
    Your poor sister :(
    A family member is due to fly with them on Monday.
    We will just have to see.
    Simply dire customer service.Dire.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure