• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good girl:beer:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :beer:
    I finished off a blog post ... couldn't resist :rotfl: but I did it with a cuppa tea in hand. Another cuppa tea right now, and I'm off to sit in the shade :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning :)

No posting yesterday as I went shopping in my town-next-door first thing, hoping to buy a summer pair of chinos/jeans ... fat chance! Summer things are on sale, but they're all the size 20s :( and that doesn't fit me. Otherwise, its all the winter stock! How did that happen?

I consoled myself in Wilko, anyway, bless 'em - gardening gloves, star shaped cookie cutters (25p! I'm thinking salt dough ornaments) and some crappy bog standard sandwich tins (which I intend to line with greaseproof paper when I use them in my little halogen oven anyway).

Also had a wander about the local architectural salvage yard, which I adore - lots of vintage ceramic tiles and all sorts of goodies from period houses roundabout our way. Different from Wilko :D but very lovely.

Recovered enough later on to be able to do yet more digging, removing yet more brambles. As I said on SHS's thread, I think - in March last year, this area was clear, but all those months of abandoning it has had implications, grrr. Still, I'm slowly getting on top of it :)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon KC!

A blackberry bush has made itself known in the near vacinity of our front yard! - Made me think of you of course! - So if I wander across the road to the barn across the way and take a peak behind it (looking for bunnies of course) I can fill my tupperware box with very dark & slightly tart but juicey berries! - If any of them made past snack time, I'd freeze them for smoothies!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:So far they all get eaten!

Hooray for Wilko's - We has a flyer in the post to say there is a new one in the closest village - so we may just have to go investigate!

Hope you are doing well & that the rain has passed & the sky as blue and cloudless as it is here!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi RT! That's great about the blackberries! Bunnies and barns too, of course :) I do love pootling about in corners like that.

Yep, cloudless blue for me an' all, since mid-afternoon, thank heavens, absolutely gorgeous. I've been plugging away at projects, though my walk was beautiful, around the local agricultural college, so I'm stopping everything now and pampering myself (a.k.a. feet up, cuppa tea in hand, iplayer on :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: you have a lovely evening too.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 23 August 2015 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Another Wilko fan here too:j

It sounds as if people had a nice Sunday and the weather was kind to you. I envy all the lovely walks you have near you KC, you seem to live near such interesting places:T. Weather was lovely here too until teatime when the heavens opened and it's been pelting down ever since:(. Saved me having to water the runner beans anyway. They were a bit late going in this year and we were getting a bit despondent as they haven't grown very high up the canes yet. Lots of lovely red flowers though and today I found and picked our first beans of the year, all 4 of them:rotfl:. We had them as part of our dinner tonight and very nice they were too. They're my absolute favourite vegetable and something that we manage to grow without too much trouble (except for a lot of watering in dry weather:() on our clay soil. I could eat a plate of them on their own for a meal, I love them so much.

Did a car boot sale this morning and made £57.20 so shouldn't grumble because I wasn't selling anything interesting or valuable, just general 'tat' really for very small amounts per item. Every little helps, as they say. More importantly it freed up some more space. After being debt-free my greatest wish is to live in minimalist surroundings. It's a long haul for both goals:o.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    It sounds as if people had a nice Sunday and the weather was kind to you. I envy all the lovely walks you have near you KC, you seem to live near such interesting places:T.
    I'm interested in a lot of weird stuff :D for instance, there's a stream under the "bridge" to the community college, and I decided to trace it back as far as I could - lots of blackberries going begging :D and I found the "head" - no fewer than five underground drainage pipes feeding into the same spot, which created the stream itself :j I love that :j
    Weather was lovely here too until teatime when the heavens opened and it's been pelting down ever since:(. Saved me having to water the runner beans anyway. They were a bit late going in this year and we were getting a bit despondent as they haven't grown very high up the canes yet. Lots of lovely red flowers though and today I found and picked our first beans of the year, all 4 of them:rotfl:. We had them as part of our dinner tonight and very nice they were too. They're my absolute favourite vegetable and something that we manage to grow without too much trouble (except for a lot of watering in dry weather:() on our clay soil. I could eat a plate of them on their own for a meal, I love them so much.
    That sounds great for the beans! And thats the rain we had in the morning, I think. Bad news - its come back again :rotfl: utter deluge since this morning has only just eased off, tho not stopped. I definitely don't need to water anything :D
    Did a car boot sale this morning and made £57.20 so shouldn't grumble because I wasn't selling anything interesting or valuable, just general 'tat' really for very small amounts per item. Every little helps, as they say. More importantly it freed up some more space. After being debt-free my greatest wish is to live in minimalist surroundings. It's a long haul for both goals:o.
    Good for you on the car boot again! That's a lot of stuff that you're managing to sell :) And you just described my idea of heaven - debt free in minimalist surroundings :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Talking of minimalist surroundings, I tried to list some books on Amazon yesterday, but only managed one - I got hung up on trying to post a common book in an unusual edition, it seemed like it was going to accept it, and then it wouldn't, grrr. It's collectable because its so old (1901) but we'll see.

So, I've actually done my paid work for today already :p and now its about blogging and a bit of tidying. Definitely need to finish off the structural elements of both blogs before end August, when so much starts up again.

Just noticed that the other book I did manage to post on Amazon was another older book, published 1938 :j when they sell, they sell well. Here's hoping :)
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Sounds like you made the most of the nice weather yesterday afternoon, which is just as well, as I think it's going to be an 'indoor' sort of week, judging by the weather forecast

I love looking at old books. I'm the one in the NT houses, peering at the shelves in the library, trying to get a closer look!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you tried AbeBooks for the older, rarer books, KC?

http://abebooks.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport