🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Leaving HL without transfer charges

Options
1126127128129130132»

Comments

• OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nixter wrote: »
    Yeah, they really are a pile of dung. After wasting 9 months with my transfer in, I'm now on the second month of my transfer OUT.

Where are you transferring to? May follow!
  • hennerz
    hennerz Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    I was happy with iWeb as a low volume of trades kept costs very low. However I'm now hearing about how iWeb are profiting off each trade that I place, by making a slow trade and waiting for a deal that suits them, hence I am now wondering if they are as cheap as I believed?
  • OldDIYer
    edited 17 August 2016 at 7:48AM
    Options
    Sorry if this has been covered here,but I can't find a similar query. I left my SIPP with HL in 2014 at the reduced 0.25% fee and all was fine till last month when the fee jumped to 0.45% as I'd switched one of my funds into an investment trust. The remaining funds are still charged at 0.25%. I can't find their letter offering 0.25%, so it's difficult to argue with their assertion that they only offered 0.25% on funds (as shares/ITs fee is capped at £200pa).

Anyone had a similar problem?
  • ztkr
    ztkr Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 August 2016 at 3:27PM
    Options
    OldDIYer wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered here,but I can't find a similar query. I left my SIPP with HL in 2014 at the reduced 0.25% fee and all was fine till last month when the fee jumped to 0.45% as I'd switched one of my funds into an investment trust. The remaining funds are still chargeed at 0.25%. I can't find their letter offering 0.25%, so it's difficult to argue with their assertion that they only offered 0.25% on funds (as shares/ITs fee is capped at £200pa).

Anyone had a similar problem?

I assume you are referring to HL's special 0.25% deal for customers who complained about the increase to 0.45%. However, that deal applies only to funds, and not Investment Trusts (or shares or ETFs), which remain chargeable at HL's standard rate of 0.45%, capped at £200pa in their SIPP. That's what it says on my letter from HL, at any rate. Hope that helps.
  • OldDIYer
    Options
    philc27 wrote: »
    I assume you are referring to HL's special 0.25% deal for customers who complained about the increase to 0.45%. However, that deal applies only to funds, and not Investment Trusts (or shares or ETFs), which remain chargeable at HL's standard rate of 0.45%, capped at £200pa in their SIPP. That's what it says on my letter from HL, at any rate. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I couldn't find my letter and my memory only recalled 0.25%. I'll switch the money back to a fund (or transfer the SIPP to II where my ISAs are - I would save money as it's only £96 + £10 per trade compared to HL £175 + £0 fund trade and I only have two holdings and max 4 trades pa).
  • whitevandriver
    Options
    Just as an alternative reference point, HL are currently charging me 0.2% capped at £500 on c £700k.

I am happy to pay that for the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family