American Airlines - SUCCESS at last!

Options
I'm delighted to report that after 9 months of relentless emails, with American Airlines repeatedly denying that we were eligible for any compensation for a flight from London to Toronto in January 2008, which resulted in us being stranded in Chicago for nearly 22 hours, they have finally offered us the full 600 euro compensation, or vouchers worth US$1,750 per passenger. I am ecstatic to say the least! This only happened because I took out a Small Claims Court order against them using MCOL, which I was a little apprehensive about doing, but in the end, it was the only way.

They went from denying that the EU regulation existed and stating they only kept flight records for 1 year, to quoting very legal sounding bolony, to eventually offering $179 in vouchers to shut me up, before relenting and offering the full amount when court action was presented (having ignored two emails warning that this would happen if the matter was not resolved by a certain date).

I couldn't have done this without Martin's fantastioc website and TV show (and wouldn't have gone this far if the service we received, both at the time and when making the claim, had not been so vile and uncaring). THANK YOU Martin and team! I hope this will inspire those making claims to persist and fight for what is rightfully yours.

Comments

• snaver
    snaver Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I should also mention that the CAA took up the case, but seemed to drop it after several months, due to having too many to handle, sending everything on to American Airlines. I persisted directly with the airline after this had happened.
  • leespot
    leespot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Well done. The flight vouchers are of a pretty decent value although at the time of being delayed you would probably have thought differently :)
  • Limana68
    Limana68 Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    Great news!
    Gives me a bit of hope as I have just entered a claim on MCOL for KLM
    after nearly a year of rejections etc

Li:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing