We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    14/17 for tonight and second smiley at last this month.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    22 for yesterday and 23 for today. Started a charity walk today and walked 24 miles, got 48 miles to go over next two days
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Two more ALDs to report, taking me to 14/21 please x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    22 for yesterday and 23 for today. Started a charity walk today and walked 24 miles, got 48 miles to go over next two days

You're doing brilliantly barny. Best of luck with the walking, sounds exhausting.:)

Good to see you back arsenalbarnie.:)
  • arsenalbarnie
    Options
    Thanks maman. I wasn't successful on the afd front yesterday but after a very stressful day it ended well with OH and I sat round the chimnea with wine, cheese and peanuts. Not excessive but a bit heavier on the scales this morning. Am determined now to stay off the booze until the weigh in on Saturday. Wish me luck.
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Options
    Am determined now to stay off the booze until the weigh in on Saturday. Wish me luck.

I must admit I didn't think Sunday was a good day to have your first AFD in a while. Hoping you'll be toasting a win tonight in...tea?:)

Definitely AF for me today. It's never a problem slipping back into it fortunately.

11 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »

Good luck with the walk, Barny, and I hope you enjoy it. Is it an interesting route?

Welome back, Arsenal Barnie! I find the earlier in the day I start eating anything sugary the more I crave it for the rest of the day. Trying very hard not to put the Twinks Hobnobs in the oven yet, because if they're not actually cooked, I'm not tempted by the dough!

24/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    15/17 for tonight please.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    17/20 AFDs today. I needed the "do not disturb" sign last night, I am sleep deprived and had to drive 250 miles home after a pretty awful weekend. It was nice to see bro and SIL, and celebrate SILs 65th birthday Saturday, and their 30th wedding anniversary today. BUT, I had to share a room with mum, and from 3.30am she was pacing, moaning, sighing, asking for tea (she got the most bad tempered tea ever), asking me to pray with her (I very firmly told her no, so she prayed out loud, grrr), she rustled paper bags, packed her case and wrapped her shoes in newspaper. In short, she was incredibly self-centred with no thought that lack of sleep could put us both at risk. It appears that she disturbed everyone else, too. Oh, and I had to make the tea using torchlight, so that the living/kitchen area light didn't shine into everyone's sleeping area.

I'm so glad to be home, and she's safely in her very good Care Home.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    satchmo1 wrote: »
    I needed the "do not disturb" sign last night, I am sleep deprived and had to drive 250 miles home after a pretty awful weekend...I'm so glad to be home, and she's safely in her very good Care Home.

:( Oh dear Satchmo - not good at all. Try to get some rest - not easy with a busy life, I know!

Monster fail over the weekend. Two of my closest friends came to stay and they brought wine :eek: I had two further glasses last night, but will use the last third of the last(!) bottle in my beef stew this evening. I feel a bit icky this morning and my kidneys hurt again, so I know I've overdone it. I think I might miss my target again too - haven't wanted to check to see if that can be saved yet :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport