The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Roll up, Roll up. A New Month, A New Challenge.
    august.jpg
    SET YOUR
    Target_logo.jpg
    26 days up for grabs!

Everyone Welcome!!!
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    6/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    5/20 AFDs, and I'm settling down for a very early night after being woken at 1.20 am by a call from mum's care home telling me she had been taken to A&E with an angina episode. Thank goodness yesterday was an AFD, and I was fit to drive. When mum was transferred to the ward just before 6am, I came home, slept for a few hours then went for a hospital check up for myself at another hospital. Sister went in to be with mum at 11am and brought her back to the care home by 5pm. Sister called in to see me on her way home for an update. We both said mum had been vague since Monday this week - perhaps she has a mild water infection.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    5/17 for tonight please.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Uh-oh...wine delivery day...part of me is excited and the other is apprehensive. DH doesn't drink wine, so the consumption will be down to me. I'm in a better place since joining this thread but it will still be a temptation.

It helps that I feel cack this morning after two JD and cokes last night. Enjoyed them then, not so much now. Got a funny taste in my mouth...yuk... cutting down has definitely changed how my body reacts to alcohol. I hope I'm headed towards a minimalist future :)

Sorry for the ramble :embarasse
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Uh-oh...wine delivery day...part of me is excited and the other is apprehensive. DH doesn't drink wine, so the consumption will be down to me. I'm in a better place since joining this thread but it will still be a temptation.

It helps that I feel cack this morning after two JD and cokes last night. Enjoyed them then, not so much now. Got a funny taste in my mouth...yuk... cutting down has definitely changed how my body reacts to alcohol. I hope I'm headed towards a minimalist future :)

Sorry for the ramble :embarasse

Hardly a ramble. I can identify with all of it.:D

I've had rather a lot of wine in the house lately because of Sainsbury's offer but pleased to say that because it's here it doesn't make me drink more. In fact I can be trusted more with wine than with multi-pack crisps!:rotfl:

I've come a long way since I used to buy wine boxes and hate myself when they suddenly became empty and I realised how much I'd got through.

And cutting down had definitely made a difference to how I react. If I drink at lunchtime it makes me incredibly sleepy so I rarely have more than a glass. In the evenings I just get to a point where I don't fancy any more and switch to a cup of tea. Rare occasions when I have too much I regret it the next day so that spurs me on to keep consumption low.

Good Luck.:)
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    6/20 AFDs tonight. I was very wine-tempted tonight, but decided I'm way too tired so I'm in bed early again.

Mum rang me at 10.20 last night, just as I was dropping off to sleep, no specific reason for the call. I also found a missed call and blank text from her at 00.22. Then she rang at 07.55 - not so bad, except I'm not a morning person and I was deeply deeply asleep. Actually she did me a favour, as I had to be out the door by 08:55, but I was considering matricide while she was cheerily chatting away, while I groaned "I'm asleep".
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    6 and Smiley day today 7/31
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear things are rough for you at the moment with your mum Satchmo :(

Thanks for the support Maman - sorry to report temptation got the better of me and a bottle opened and mostly consumed, but feel OK this morning so far, so I'm hoping I've got it out of my system (the temptation, that is). I'm annoyed as I got to 10pm on tea before I cracked. I should've gone to bed.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

1 more ALD for Thursday.

fe910dde33c78cf0aced6e8270e801ca.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure