Hewlett Packard Instant Ink

Options
124»

Comments

• RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I bought an HP envy printer and it attempted to automatically default onto the instant ink programme.
    I went with it thinking that Hey, it's HP....they would rip me off right? Only to fidn that the whole thing is a scam. You signup for x number of pages per month and if you go over that, they charge you (irrespective of the spoiled pages, printer jams etc).
    The send you cartridges (through auto--replenish), but when you cancel the service, the cartridges that you have already paid for stop working - I am pretty sure that cannot be legal seeing as I am not renting the ink cartridges and have already paid for them.

Stay away, Buy the non HP ink cartridges and it will save you a huge amount to money. Two orders for ink cost more that the printer.....thats all you need to know!
    Have you read the thread? I don't think we need telling how you think it works.
    It can't default to the instant ink programme, you have to sign up to it and give payment details.
    So you signed up for it and didn't read the T&C's?

If you buy intelligently you get months of free printing, 14 months in my case.

After that, the cost is less than a cup of coffee monthly for most home users. Or, even free for very light users.

Of course, you are not forced to use the service. In which case you can just buy normal cartridges.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Best ink decision I ever made. Sounds like you signed up to the wrong plan after the free months
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • Alun
    Alun Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,
    After needing a new printer, I decided to purchase a HP printer to use Instant Ink. As a very light user I checked the website and was impressed to see a free version. On printer installation, the lowest option that appears is the £1.99 version - which I'm pretty happy with but wondered how you actually get the free version which is still listed on the website?

Cheers 
    Alun
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    works well for me and saves money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income