EH - Keeping on track. (AKA focus Woman! FOCUS!)

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    pesky £2 coins cocking up the budget (bet i won't get away with that one!! :rotfl: )
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ooh, i did!! someone's turned off the swear filter :D :rotfl:
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I saw someone get away with anal on a diary the other day (as it were...) - I think it's been switched off somehow.
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I saw someone get away with anal on a diary the other day (as it were...).

:rotfl: and :eek: in equal measure ;)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Looking gud mrs.

I was just wittering on somewhere else about how folks are a bit cagey about money sites when I mentioned that's how we met to that old chum (the one that asked me if I'd given her fleas cheeky beggar)

Funny how from the outside it appears we look 'semi' normal.

I did say semi, not fully.

Have a good un.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,471 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That was a hilarious reaction Pippi - you could see her brain trying to process whether we were both either secretly bankrupt....or millionaires! :rotfl: As for the flea thing - I reckon you should with a VERY straight face suggest she checks her bed for bedbugs..... ;)

Caz - the thought of someone "getting away with anal" on their diary had me spluttering my tea! :rotfl:

Cheery - £2 coins are now safely stashed in the piggy :T

Just checked my Nectar balance again and I have another 2 points since yesterday.....where on EARTH are they coming from?! Something must be drip-feeding them in but I can't recall having the card linked to anything like that...

Must complete my invoice tonight to bring in tomorrow, and must also check the bank to be sure that MrEH has been paid.....right, done, and he has. :D The tax changes mean an extra £11.44 a month on his money as well so I've added £11 on to the regular "drip feed" payment that goes across to our savings account for mortgage OP's. That's where we add up all the little savings made over time, extra cash from things like this, etc.

Need to call Virgin Money on Friday to remove the current OP from the mortgage DD - we'll hit our OP limit with the May payment and we get penalised after that. The plan is that the £590 or so we're currently OP'ing (I say "or so" because we're still in dispute with them over them changing our contractual payments) will get fed straight into an ISA for the time being, and should amass into a nice little lump ready for our fixed rate to end in October 2016. Would be amazing if we could amass enough to clear the outstanding balance by then, wouldn't it...! I must look at ISAs too - I'm tempted to just open a new one for this year - Nationwide are offering me 1.75% which isn't too shoddy, but it doesn't allow transfers in, so the existing one would have to stay where it is for now. Hmmm....decisions. On the other hand I could go down the fixed rate route for the mortgage OP money and get a better rate that way - it's over 2 years until we'll need it so looking at 2 year fixes might be sensible. May have to call a summit meeting with MrEH to discuss. :D

Mini spend in MrT's last night - went in for 2 pots of yogurt but checked the reduced counter and found three bags of "ham ends" which we like - great for pasta etc but you can nearly always glean enough decent sized bits from them for sandwiches too - and also a small piece of wensleydale cheese with honey & fig. Surprisingly tasty - I only grabbed it out of curiosity! :T (I did remember the yogurt too)

Right - there's a crust to earn. :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Must complete my invoice tonight to bring in tomorrow, and must also check the bank to be sure that MrEH has been paid.....right, done, and he has. :D The tax changes mean an extra £11.44 a month on his money as well so I've added £11 on to the regular "drip feed" payment that goes across to our savings account for mortgage OP's. That's where we add up all the little savings made over time, extra cash from things like this, etc.

Now while you are being sensible and saving the extra £11 I do hope that you are not just going to fritter that 44p away young lady!! :rotfl:

A 2 year fix sounds like a good option. That way you'll get better returns and if you don't need it for another 2 years then it might as well be somewhere safe.

How lovely would it be if you did have enough to pay off your mortgage. :T
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,471 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    44p will be going to the VSP! ;):p

You've summed up my thinking on the 2 year fixed ISA quite nicely. The questions now are a) where to open a new one for this year (I'm thinking Nationwide's regular saver one) and b) where to move the current one too (current interest rate has plummeted). If we got for the Nationwide one for this year it doesn't allow transfers, so we could go with the 2 year fix for the old money instead.

Hmmm....some discussion, and sum-doing, required I think.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Enjoying_life_more
    Options
    have you seen the 5% savings current account in the MSE email -it's a basic current account and you need to feed in 500 per month - this can be withdrawn too - max you can earn interest on is 2000 but every little helps :)
    Started this journey in 2013 (on a previous diary) with approx 94,000 total of morg and debt combined

Total Morg and debt outstanding March 2019. 84,487.00

Total morg and debt o/standing 1/11/19 - 80,177
    Total morg and debt o/standing 8/3/20 - 77,996

Total morg and debt Feb 2021 - 75021
    Total morg and debt jan 2022 - 68441
    Dec 2023 zero mortgage - debt under 10000
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April 2014 at 10:06PM
    Options
    EH - Hal1fax do an 18month ISA at 2% that allows transfers in - you can set it up online, for 2 yrs its something like...... um 2.05%... I *think*.

Worth doing a bit of digging though - just don't think about how many hoops we're jumping through to *get* 2% though...... ;)

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure