• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I got the 'Fin' bit right. :D
    Me too! :D
  • Arsenal365
    Options
    Saw them at the Ideal Home show at Easter, surprisingly nice TVs and at very reasonable prices. Brother got a 42" 3D on an eBay deal and seems pretty happy with the set as a whole.

Believe Vestel make all the TVs that go into Argos and the supermarkets, but also produce the TVs for some more premium brands like JVC, Sharp, Toshiba and Philips.
  • no.1swimmum
    no.1swimmum Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We bought a finlux tv from Amazon a couple of months ago, and are really pleased, one of the reason we bought this model was you could record programmes to a usb, although you need to leave tv on standby and can't watch another programme at same time. We also saw them at the ideal home show, hope this helps.
    Fibro-Warrior
  • mumsandra
    Options
    Youknowme wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any feedback on this company Finlux? Their TVs are reasonably priced but strggling to find a quantity of independent reviews for them.

When we last bought a TV (7 years ago) after a lot of research we went for an AOC and avoided the big name brands on basis that screens where probably made in same factory! It has not been a decision we have regreted as TV has been really good. Just wondering whether it is worthwhile us doing the same again this time around or will we regret it.

If you buy a Finlux TV, make sure you buy extended warranty as my 46inch FINLUX went wrong after only 14 months and to be honest, they don't want to know about it.They give you the number of their repair people, who then tell you they don't repair anything bigger than 42 inch, so watch what size you get aswell. I don't know what to do next as I feel as if I am entitled to some sort of help from them.
  • mgrowe
    mgrowe Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Just got a TV from Fenlux direct. £329 for a smart TV 40" with free wifi dongle and free next day delivery
    I am astonished how good the picture is for that money, WiFi connected first time and spent an hour last night watching YouTube HD videos with no freezing.
    Smart apps are a bit limited but the other smart TV's I have seen are also that way inclined. At least this TV can be updated in the future.
    All in All I am well happy I bought one.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mumsandra wrote: »
    I feel as if I am entitled to some sort of help from them.
    Not if you only had a twelve month warranty, you're not.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mgrowe wrote: »
    spent an hour last night watching YouTube HD videos with no freezing.
    That will be down to the speed of your internet connection (which is nothing to do with the make and model of your TV, of course)
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mumsandra - anyone would reasonably expect a TV to last longer than 14 months, so in contrast to Moneyineptitude advice, I would say that the Sale of Goods Act (search this site if you don't know what it is) would apply. You should be persuing the store you bought it from though, not the manufacturer.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    mumsandra - anyone would reasonably expect a TV to last longer than 14 months, so in contrast to Moneyineptitude advice, I would say that the Sale of Goods Act (search this site if you don't know what it is) would apply. You should be persuing the store you bought it from though, not the manufacturer.
    Referring to the manufacturer is fine during the warranty period. My response was only to the OP who stated that she felt the manufacturer should still be offering to "help" her 14 months on from purchase.

As you say, the OP will need to take it up with the retailer, as they are the ones responsible under SOGA.
    As its over 6 months old, the problem will be to prove that the fault is inherent and that could involve the cost of getting an independent report on the TV's condition (which would not be refundable if the fault was not inherent at the time of purchase)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure