Santander Online Banking

Hi,

I am trying to make multiple payments to different suppliers for different amounts on my company's business banking system online with Santander but cannot see a place to do this. The only multiple payment option I have is to set up recurring payments (i.e. Salaries for employees) for the same amount.

I want to do like a batch payment as a one off like you used to be able to do when our bank was Alliance & Leicester so I don't have to keep inputting the OTP everytime I do an individual one.

Does anyone know if this is possible or am I doing something wrong with the multiple payments section?

Thanks.
The truth is out there... and I want to believe

Comments

• greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,555
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2013 at 7:23PM
    Absolutely cr*p Santander business banking website.
    Had huge problems since the upgrade in July........some still not resolved despite months of complaints.
    To set up multiple payments...
    Click Payments Transfers
    Click Multiple Payments
    Click Set Up New Multiple Payment
    Payment reference
    Payment date
    Add Existing Payee
    Check the boxes of the people you want to pay
    Etc etc
    Don't take too long enterint the payments cos the system will time out & you will lose all the entries you have made.
    Should the only need one OTP....thats if you can get a mobile phone signal to
    receive the OTP !!!!
    HTH
    P.S.
    The worst online banking system I have used in the last 10 years !!!!!!!
  • Hi sorry I have only just seen this.

I did eventually figure out how to do it but as you also discovered, it times out after a few minutes! So I went back to doing it all individually.

I would agree that it is the worst banking system I have seen for a long time.

Alliance and Leicester was so much easier.
  • Hi sorry I have only just seen this.

I did eventually figure out how to do it but as you also discovered, it times out after a few minutes! So I went back to doing it all individually.

I would agree that it is the worst banking system I have seen for a long time.

Alliance and Leicester was so much easier.

Thats because Santander split Business and Corporate accounts when migrating across from A&L where big corporates had the same online banking as small business. Business accounts (t/o below 250k) were migrated onto the 'retail' platform alongside personal banking. This limits the facilities available online but enables bob the builder the one man band to view his biz/ per accounts in one place and manage his account easily. The new corporate online facility is more aligned to bigger corporates ie no otp/ no timing out/ save progress/ multiple editable users etc etc.

One thing you haven't mentioned is payments import where you can import excel databases of payments to make a multiple payment. This is more efficient and negates the issue of timing out etc.. Have you tried this?

RE OTP- unfortunately you can be all things to all people. The bank cant cater for everyone. Its a lot better than a fob or calculator which is reflected in its popularity with small businesses switching to the bank....
  • The OTP is not a huge issue now as I have changed the phone it texts from my director's phone to a work phone which sits permanently on my desk. It was a hassle having to keep calling him in his office for the OTP.

But I do know this OTP system is somewhat flawed. My sister had a problem years ago where she lost the phone she had registered up to be her OTP phone and when she tried to change it online they requested a number be sent to her old phone - which of course was lost. When she tried calling Santander they needed the old phone number - which of course she did not know as it was saved in the phone and because this was a few weeks after she had gotten a new phone, most of the people she knew had deleted the old number and were using the new one. I recall that she had recently moved too which complicated matters.

In the end I think she got it sorted but she transferred all her money and opened a Natwest account instead.

I have not tried the importing part but I will give this a go next time I need to do a load of payments. I preferred A&L where you could add them all and then authorise them but it saves them on there until you sign off on it. I think if Santander could make the system save the records you had entered, it would be a good system.

I have to admit I do prefer the lack of calculator thing, because my own bank uses it and I have lost it somewhere in my house and refuse to pay something like £3 for a new one!
  • I agree, its absolute rubbish now its moved from A&L. I have had two issues in the last 3 days. Firstly I tried to make an International Payment and it was not recorded in 'pending payments' and the money remained in my bank account, so still not sure whether the payment has been set up or not!
    The second issue is that you cannot set up 2 payments to the same payee at the same time even when they have different payment dates and different references - one just overwrites the other! I did this back on Nov and couldn't work out why both payments did not appear on my statement.
    When I phoned the help desk they didn't have a clue about how there system worked ... or didn't work. In the end I worked out what the problem was for myself!
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,035
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hope this is not off topic - thanks to Businessisbusiness for drawing my attention to Santander's linking the Business and personal accounts.
    I have only just noticed this when I received an edocument notification from them, and discovered all my personal and ISA statements to 2011 are now visible in the business account.
    Santander's view is "it's only visible from your log-in, no problem"
    However, I don't recall being informed this was happening (no email / letter) and certainly didn't agree to it. I would point out that the business statements aren't visible in the personal account, and I have separate log-in details for each.
    I intend to complain, but does anyone know if Santander can sever the connection? Otherwise I shall probably close / move the other accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure