🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

LittleWoods Returned Item Dispute

Options
Hi All

Looking for some advice,

I returned a faulty TV to Littlewoods on the 2nd of decemeber, i then called two weeks later as credit had not been applied to my account, i was then advised i have to give it 21 days from date of pick up which was the 2nd of decemeber, this would bring me to the 23rd of decemeber,

I then called them again on 28th of decemeber and provided them with the proof of pick up number, and was advised my account will be credited.

I logged into account tonight and it hasnt been done. So i have called little woods and spoke with an advisor who told me credit had been done, however balance on my account is still full with no credit showing applied. I might add this is the only item i have ordered from littlewoods.

I then asked to speak to a manager and was passed to somone called dylon who advised credit had been applied an nothing more can be done, when i argued it was revealed that dylon was actually just another advisor who had been asked to take the call.

I then spoke with a team manager called christian jones who when asked to spell his name couldnt, leeding me to belive its a false name. He advised again credit had been applied but yes he could see its not showing on account, he placed me on hold for 20 mins came back again saying he would need to pass it to another team to call me back withing 48 hours.

I argued that this was unaccaptable as already waiting equivlent of a month and credit has not been applied, he placed me on hold again and then after 30 mins came back and advised me its 21 working days i need to wait as per TOC's i have reviewed these and there is no mention of this.

When i asked for his supervisor he refused and he also would not give reference or employ identifaction number for me to log complaint.

He did not know his ceo name or complaints address.

Does anyone have any idea what best route to take on this is, where to complain to or how to get this account credited

Thanks

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Credit account or have you paid? Have you tried putting your complaint in writing?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • s_kelly
    Options
    Credit account, ive paid some off it off already, i just wrote a complaint email to the address on there site, hoping ill get response.

Was just wondering if anyone knows of anything else i should be trying aswell
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    Options
    s_kelly wrote: »
    Hi All

Looking for some advice,

I returned a faulty TV to Littlewoods on the 2nd of decemeber, i then called two weeks later as credit had not been applied to my account, i was then advised i have to give it 21 days from date of pick up which was the 2nd of decemeber, this would bring me to the 23rd of decemeber,

I then called them again on 28th of decemeber and provided them with the proof of pick up number, and was advised my account will be credited.

I logged into account tonight and it hasnt been done. So i have called little woods and spoke with an advisor who told me credit had been done, however balance on my account is still full with no credit showing applied. I might add this is the only item i have ordered from littlewoods.

I then asked to speak to a manager and was passed to somone called dylon who advised credit had been applied an nothing more can be done, when i argued it was revealed that dylon was actually just another advisor who had been asked to take the call.

I then spoke with a team manager called christian jones who when asked to spell his name couldnt, leeding me to belive its a false name. He advised again credit had been applied but yes he could see its not showing on account, he placed me on hold for 20 mins came back again saying he would need to pass it to another team to call me back withing 48 hours.

I argued that this was unaccaptable as already waiting equivlent of a month and credit has not been applied, he placed me on hold again and then after 30 mins came back and advised me its 21 working days i need to wait as per TOC's i have reviewed these and there is no mention of this.

When i asked for his supervisor he refused and he also would not give reference or employ identifaction number for me to log complaint.

He did not know his ceo name or complaints address.

Does anyone have any idea what best route to take on this is, where to complain to or how to get this account credited

Thanks

Hi S_Kelly,

We'd be happy to look into this for you.

We do advise to allow up to 21 days from the date of return for any returned electrical or furniture items to be credited from your account. This is to allow time for our Returns Centre to inspect the items.

If an advisor has stated that this return has been credited then the adjustment should show on your account and will likely be applied to your next account statement.

Please drop us an email at Help@littlewoods.co.uk & we will be able to check your account and confirm that the credit has been applied.

Many Thanks

Dave
    Littlewoods Help Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi S_Kelly,

We'd be happy to look into this for you.

We do advise to allow up to 21 days from the date of return for any returned electrical or furniture items to be credited from your account. This is to allow time for our Returns Centre to inspect the items.

If an advisor has stated that this return has been credited then the adjustment should show on your account and will likely be applied to your next account statement.

Please drop us an email at [EMAIL="Help@littlewoods.co.uk"]Help@littlewoods.co.uk[/EMAIL] & we will be able to check your account and confirm that the credit has been applied.

Many Thanks

Dave
    Littlewoods Help Team

I find it very interesting that you make no comment about the poor service the OP has had on the phone. I do hope that there is some sort of investigation into the responses the OP was give when they called.
  • SimonSays
    Options
    Zandoni wrote: »
    I find it very interesting that you make no comment about the poor service the OP has had on the phone. I do hope that there is some sort of investigation into the responses the OP was give when they called.

He can't as they don't run any of their own contact centres anymore. They are all run by Serco now.
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SimonSays wrote: »
    He can't as they don't run any of their own contact centres anymore. They are all run by Serco now.

That's even more reason to make some investigations, Littlewoods would be paying them for their services.
  • bird2014_2
    Options
    Hello..I hope you dont mind me asking how things are going now?....I have been having huge problems with Littlewoods in regards to a laptop which has a very sharp edge (has cut me)...Can I ask how long you had the t.v. for before you reported a problem?...was there a problem straight away?....My issue with the laptop has been going on since October 2013...I even had a independent report done and he also stated the sharp edge to the laptop and he also cut himself...Im still waiting for things to be sorted and feel its a complete joke!

I do hope your problem has been sorted.....I also would like to add that when calling I had been placed on hold for that long I was cut off....Sooooo not happy with Littlewoods!:mad:....I am trying to get my money back now as I feel I have been completely let down by them....
  • s_kelly
    Options
    Hi

Sorry for not replying, well the problem is on its way to being resolved, however in order to do this i have to email the ceo email address of shop direct, which lead to the executive complaints team contacting me this has lead to my issues being looked into and from looks of it resolved.

I have highlighted how bad there call staff are, they seem to have no concept of customer service or of consumer rights in any shape or fashion, they will just tell you to refer to there TOC's however when you do there is no mention of what they say is covered in them.

My best advise to anyone dealing with little woods is to call the center, give them a chance, if they dont fix it, head straight to the shop direct executive team, if they dont respond promptly as they didint with me go higher email the CEO, dont get me wrong in no way do i think it was him who processed my email most likly an admin, but i got a response.

The TV i had was faulty out of the box, called samsung and they agreed but littlewoods still wouldnt let me return it/refund.

Hope this helps
  • bird2014_2
    Options
    Hello s_kelly...I am so glad things are starting to work out for you...You mentioned you sent an e-mail to there CEO, I was wondering if you had this information to hand, it would be great as I could send them a copy of my letter I have just wrote the the 'Customer Excellence' team (and what a load of crock they are:wall::wall: yep, up against a brick wall)...I mentioned the 'sale of goods act 1979' and that I will also be sending the information to Head Office....BUT...I'm not gona hold my breath though....:(

Hope you can help!:dance:
  • Reah
    Options
    Hi all

I have just emailed the customer excellence team and chief exec. Not sure if the email addresses the advisor gave me are correct - 2 have already bounced back.

Its so sad that customers have to go to these lengths to get a response from Littlewoods - it shouldn't be this difficult. Very time consuming and costly (phone).

Had a complaint about rewards scheme, late payment charge incorrectly being added (no the first time!!!) and poor/rude customer service. A month since the original complaint and no call back or resolution. When I eventually called in to check up on progress, the details of the complaint were not even accurately recorded on their system.

Good customer service is clearly NOT a priority for this company!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport