Ebay - description does not match photo

Options
Hi all,
i have searched for this issue but cant find anything (probably because i am looking in the wrong place).

My son really wants a specific imaginext toy dinosaur for christmas so i search for the name and bid (best offer) in one whose title and description state it was the one he wants.

However, the photo (and what i received) was a different dinosaur but very similar (Red t rex instead of Allosaurus), my knowledge of these is pretty good but not so that i noticed the differences in the ohoto, only when my other son saw it did i realise.

What are my rights if any? The wording was wrong but the photo was right?

Thank you!

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ask them for a part refund.
  • pokey128
    pokey128 Posts: 482 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, is it an equal blame situation? They offer 14 day return but at buyers cost and as its quite big its prob not worth it.

a part refund would be good but i feel bad as i bought it best offer already!
  • hollydays
    Options
    Your not going to be able to return it for christmas but you could open a snad case .
    If I'd done this to a buyer I'd refund and tell them to keep it, so you won't know what they might do till you ask.
  • campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Ask them for a part refund.

If it's the wrong dinosaur, not the one their son wants, how does this help?

Contact the buyer - if they sell other dinosaurs, it's likely they've made a mistake.
  • hollydays
    Options
    I read it as the son probably won't notice the difference, sometimes you have to be realistic.
  • campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    I read it as the son probably won't notice the difference, sometimes you have to be realistic.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to receive the item you bought.
  • pokey128
    pokey128 Posts: 482 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all,
    my son will notice but he wont be too concerned- he will just think santa got the wrong dinosaur (hes only 3).
    I just need to get my head around whether the picture means more than the title and description!
  • hollydays
    Options
    I never said it wasn't realistic-I was saying realistically your not going to get the replacement before Christmas. No need to be snappy..
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options

The "son probably won't notice the difference"? Are you quite mad? :) Young males typically have a knowledge of dinosaurs that is positively encycopedic. They can practically sex them on sight.:)

Besides, as the OP stated; they only realised the difference when their other son saw it. Thereby proving my point.
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    campdave wrote: »
    If it's the wrong dinosaur, not the one their son wants, how does this help

Totally agree, I hate partial refunds!

I see it all the time on another forum I use, buyers fishing for partials, "this top doesn't fit me but I'll keep it if you give me X back" how's that going to make it fit you:rotfl:
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport