Advice for claim against CityJet.com

I experienced a flight cancellation back in November due to a power shortage in their office in Dublin and they we're therefore unable to generate the required flight plan documentation. I wasn't sure if that this was something that was a fault of the airline, but I thought I'd send a compensation request to the flight operator just to see what happened (After all surely the airline should have some kind of contingency in place in the event of such a failure i.e. backup power generators etc. It took some time but here is the response I eventually got back today:

Dear Mr X,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at CityJet Customer Care. Please accept our sincere apologise for the delay in responding to your complaint, I regret that your complaint had been misfiled although we had circulated it to the relevant department we did fail to reply and once again I sincerely apologise for this error.

I regret to hear of the cancellation of your flight, unfortunately it was a result of a power shortage in Dublin, and our main head office was unable to provide paper work for our flights to depart.

We have requested a full report from all departments involved and they have confirmed that our operations team worked very hard to try and avoid the cancellation of your flight unfortunately it was unavoidable on this occasion.

Although this power shortage was out of our control and we don't consider the airline liable for compensation as a gesture I would like to offer you the compensation amount as a sign of our regret.

I will require the following bank details: Iban and Swift/Bic

Once again on behalf of CityJet I do sincere apologise that you had any reason what so ever to complain and we apologise profusely that your complaint was not acknowledged.

I do hope your trust in CityJet can be restored and we have the pleasure of welcoming you on board again in the near future.

My question is now, what do I do? Should I accept the compensations, it also doesnt say how much?? or should I keep pursuing this? Any thoughts would be much apprecitated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Barlow83 wrote: »

My question is now, what do I do? Should I accept the compensations, it also doesnt say how much?? or should I keep pursuing this? Any thoughts would be much apprecitated.

Thanks,

It says they will offer you "the compensation amount" as a sign of goodwill. The use of the definitive article suggests to me they are offering you the full €250.
  • in my view flight company will not come in category to give any compensation because you dont fall in exact fact that due to power failure this will not come under compensation act and issues better to consult compensation lawyers expert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure