The 50p Savers Thread for 2014 :)

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Me too please! Hope to save a good amount doing this!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • sams247
    sams247 Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just went to the charity shop to see if they had a bit of tinsel to brighten up our side window, and not only did they have some georgous purple high quality tinsel, they had 4 pieces for £1.50........ so I also gained a 50p piece in change! Headed for my pot when I get home.
      To those who are given much, much is expected
    1. Buffythedebtslayer
      Options
      Hello 50psavers :)

Happy Christmas!

So... not finished my shopping, not fed the troll and can't get the similes to work! (also had to hand over a 50p to the cab driver tonight!)

However I have updated the list! see post two :) and am very much looking forward to the new year!

If you want to join or I have left you off the list (very sorry) please let me know by posting here.

I really need all the money I can get to buy a new car so this challenge is very important. I am using this and my virtual sealed pot to save.

So members how we doing?

xxxx
      Nevertheless she persisted.
    2. Archer0710
      Options
      I'd like to join please!

I like 50ps there s something quite satisfying about them, I think it's because up until now they have been prized for parking but a change of job means I no longer need them for this so I will save them all up!

I think I will save them for nothing more exciting than DH's Christmas pressure.
      Can I ever learn this budgeting lark? So far it's not looking promising
      Lloyds loan - gone forever! :T
      Bank of Mum and Dad gone forever!
      Emergency Fund £1500 :T
    3. Buffythedebtslayer
      Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,922 Forumite
      Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
      edited 22 December 2013 at 10:41PM
      Options
      Archer0710 wrote: »
      I'd like to join please!

I like 50ps there s something quite satisfying about them, I think it's because up until now they have been prized for parking but a change of job means I no longer need them for this so I will save them all up!

I think I will save them for nothing more exciting than DH's Christmas pressure.

Freudian slip :) I assume you mean present :) I know what you mean tho is supposed to be so much fun but regardless of my plans I always end up in Sainbury's on Christmas eve supressing a huge rage!

I had terrible trouble when I had to pay for parking, so annoying to have to hand over in my case 1.40 worth of tens and twenties!

Welcome to the challenge !

xxxx
      Nevertheless she persisted.
    4. Archer0710
      Options
      Haha I think my iPad knows my mind better than I do!

But yes supermarket claustrophobia kicked in earlier! I love a Christmas hate the pressure of it!

I have a complete aversion to parking costs, wasted money in my eyes!

I have raided my purse, potted my first 50p and found £2 x 2 in rate pot but no keys to access it so I suspect my 50p fund will do well if I can't raid it!:D
      Can I ever learn this budgeting lark? So far it's not looking promising
      Lloyds loan - gone forever! :T
      Bank of Mum and Dad gone forever!
      Emergency Fund £1500 :T
    5. sams247
      sams247 Posts: 1,112 Forumite
      First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
      Options
      Couple of 50p's gleaned over the weekend, where are they all? Probably in everyone's pots. :)

Calm day in town yesterday, and today the queue for W***rose went all ther way down the road, past the roundabout and then on as far as the eye could see. Is food running out or what?
        To those who are given much, much is expected
      1. mum2one
        mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
        Xmas Saver!
        Options
        A butchers in town about 10 miles from us had 3hr queues and 1 woman who was interviewed on the local radio got there at 6am this morning... it is a good butchers but 3hrs! x
        xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
      2. Mark7724
        Options
        Hello,

Please could I join your challenge? I get quite a few 50p's from the work canteen so would like to put them to good use!

Thanks
      3. [Deleted User]
        Options
        I'd love to join this please! Ive already saved about £2 in 50p coins!
      This discussion has been closed.
      Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
      • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
      • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
      • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
      • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
      • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
      • 173.3K Life & Family
      • 248.4K Travel & Transport
      • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure