🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The 50p Savers Thread for 2014 :)

Options

Comments

• caravansaver
    Options
    already put money in pot but this will give mw something to focus on, so count me in please.
    Make £5 a day: Jan £6.20/ £155
    £2 Club = £8.00;50p Club = £10.00;20p Club = £9.80
    Take Lunch To Work: Jan 6/20 GSC = £51.16/£240; VSP=£1.78
    THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN GETTING UP FOR WORK IS NOT HAVING ANY WORK TO GET UP FOR.
  • kobrakai
    kobrakai Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join too please? Have potted £1.50 so far, but I'm being a strange one and paying it straight in to my savings account!
    £2 Savers Club 2014 #38 | 20p Savers Club 2014 #37 | 50p Savers Club 2014 #29
    £365 in 365 days #89 £9/£365 | DFBX2014 challenge #023 £70/£6500
    Weekly Saving Challenge 2014 #30 £6/£1378
    Save 12k in 2014 #159 £80.62/£2000
  • katmum
    katmum Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Can I join again please. Sorry I was not an active poster but your thread inspired me to keep saving and last year I managed to save my 50p's until mid November when I cashed them in early to help towards Christmas spend. I started saving 50p's again already have a nice little collection, not sure of exact amount but it's near the £10 mark.

Target for me this year is £120
    20p savers club #38, aim £120, 50p savers club #30, aim £120
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I think everyone is on the list.

I don't have a target. I am hoping that by the time 2014 is done the 50ps will be paid into a Savings account.

I hope everyone has had a lovely first day of 2014.

I am trying to do something towards my goals each day, how ever small.

today's thing was a No Spend Day.

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • The_Green_Lady
    Options
    Please can I join the 50p club. I don't anticipate getting a lot as I am hopeful of not spending any money this year, lol! I have a vintage tin that I will use. I am going to use it towards my 14th wedding anniversary on the 16th December…
    DFD - 26th March 2014 :j
  • starhut
    starhut Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :j Excited to report the addition of 20 - count 'em - 50p coins to the pot today!

My brother's friend was having his yearly sort out of his coin jars and asked if I had any spare coin bags. When he came to collect them today he had loads of 50p coins and said he would trade them with me.

So having handed over a crisp £10 I haven't really gained anything, but I find it's very easy to waste a note whereas I really agonise about handing over even one 50p/£2 coin... Oh dear, this is clearly where I have been going wrong all these years!
  • caravansaver
    Options
    Counted my 50p and updated signature.
    Make £5 a day: Jan £6.20/ £155
    £2 Club = £8.00;50p Club = £10.00;20p Club = £9.80
    Take Lunch To Work: Jan 6/20 GSC = £51.16/£240; VSP=£1.78
    THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN GETTING UP FOR WORK IS NOT HAVING ANY WORK TO GET UP FOR.
  • staceycomps
    Options
    Hi, i've just seen this thread. Could i join in please, although i won't be able to report updates on amounts as such, because i'm putting them in one of those 'need a hack saw to open me' kind of tins. That should keep me out surely :)
    My debt
    Aiming for 25% by end of 2015 = £342.55/ £2189.58
    May 2015 £342.55/ £8758.33
  • sams247
    sams247 Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ahh I can now hold my head up high - added three 50p's to my pot last night.

With the phrase - you have another think coming, I used to say that in a telling off fashion, until my (then) 5 year old son said "what sort of a think?" and it sort of killed the moment of crossness and I could never say it with a straight face again :)
      To those who are given much, much is expected
    1. Buffythedebtslayer
      Options
      Hi, i've just seen this thread. Could i join in please, although i won't be able to report updates on amounts as such, because i'm putting them in one of those 'need a hack saw to open me' kind of tins. That should keep me out surely :)

*sits on her hacksaw Ouch!*

yep that is a plan, I am not counting mine either cos it is too much of a temptation!
      sams247 wrote: »
      Ahh I can now hold my head up high - added three 50p's to my pot last night.

With the phrase - you have another think coming, I used to say that in a telling off fashion, until my (then) 5 year old son said "what sort of a think?" and it sort of killed the moment of crossness and I could never say it with a straight face again :)

exactly, it doesn't make sense to say think. You can't control what a person is going to think? grrrrr. Grammar and language drive me nuts.

and I am cold!

so am going to do some decluttering to warm up......I won't really sit on my bed with a blanket and watched Charmed.

really I won't.

xxx
      Nevertheless she persisted.
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
    • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 450K Spending & Discounts
    • 236K Work, Benefits & Business