New Post Advanced Search

2014 Frugal Living Challenge

edited 19 September 2014 at 11:50AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
4.3K replies 390.2K views

Replies

• Totally in :)
    CC [STRIKE]2771[/STRIKE] 1419
  • Can I join please? I've been watching the thread and already do quite a few of the things listed but I think this challenge would seriously keep me on track!!!!!

Thank you!
    Cottage_retreatist xxx
    Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j
  • Can I join please? One of my challenges next year though is to buy all the groceries locally or from online ethical companies (I don't have a garden or a suitable windowsill, otherwise I would love to grow what I can myself). So I will probably be spending more than I would be if I was yellow stickering, but my ultimate goal is to figure out how to live ethically within my means, so I'm okay with that.
    Grocery Challenge January: £15.67/£120
    #47 £2 Savers: £6/£200
    #167 £1k Emergency Fund: £377.22/£1000
    #52 £2016 in 2016: £27.50/£2016
  • nannygladysnannygladys Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, I would like to join in if I may, I have given myself a date of Jan 2015 to be debt free by and I reckon the best way of doing this is to embrace a frugal lifestyle, from food to clothes so I will work out a household budget between now and Jan 1st and post it later, I will have to work out yearly bills etc and see how I can manage on less.

So here's to being frugal.
    Nannyg
    Frugal challenge 2020
    Sealed pot 13 no.31
    Emergency fund 268.95/1000
  • I am signing up to 2014 - didn't do to badly during 2013 until last few months!!!

Determined to save to go on the trip of a lifetime in 2015 to see my grandchildren in NZ. Therefore I'm reading all the different challenges as well!!!

Here's to a truly MSE 2014 everyone. x
  • Pixie5740Pixie5740 Forumite
    14.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to sign up for this challenge. I'm not in debt but I'm saving for a house deposit, after years of living in flats I would like a detached house and that's going to cost me.

It's not so much that I spend money, more that I tend to haemorrhage it.
  • GoldiegirlGoldiegirl Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please I would like to join, to help with my plans for early retirement.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • I would like to join in with this challenge. I have a debt free date of 2017 if I take out a loan to pay off my long term loan.

I am saving up instead to pay it off as soon as I can and will be cutting back in 2014 to scrape more money into my savings account for this. I am also starting a new lower paid job, which I'm looking forward to, although this will bring its own challenge.

Good luck everyone!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • speakingofartspeakingofart Forumite
    372 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Count me in please! Having spent 2013 sorting out my career (well, giving up one I hated and starting a new one which I don't anyway) I now need to spend 2014 paying off my debt and building up some savings. The links look like a great place to start......
    Proud to be debt free September 2014. :j

Sisu.
  • sweetpea26sweetpea26 Forumite
    809 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Rampant Recycler Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there

Count me in too please. I know I can save more and live a more simple life. Thanks for a great thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support