I want new heating. Any recs? W Mids

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
1 reply 861 views
Pandora_PeroxidePandora_Peroxide Forumite
68 Posts
I want to re-do my gas central heating system as it is currently a nightmare, regular blockages, air locks, no control of heat coming from rads, have to open and close valves to get just hot water or water and heat. I have a 3 bed detached house with 7 rads, in 3 beds, hall, landing, bathroom and living room. Hot water tank upstairs and boiler in kitchen.

I'm gonna get a British Gas quote as they will probably be quite high so I know what to budget for.

Does anyone have any recomendations of people they have used to do this work or ideas of costs?

Replies

• Hi Pandora

The sutherland tables www.sutherlandtables.co.uk is a publication listing how much it costs to heat different types of houses in different areas in the UK using different fuel types. So you can check your area and get an idea of which fuel is the cheapest for you. It is based on room size and worked out on current prices from various sourses, eg leading elect, gas, oil providers etc.

Subscribers have to pay an annual subscription and it is mainly used by fuel providers to help set their prices, or by EEACs (Energy Efficiency Advice Centres) to advise their customers on the best heating system for them - ie people like YOU

So check with your local EEAC, council or housing association to see if they subscribe - if they do they should be able to advise you

Louise

I want to re-do my gas central heating system as it is currently a nightmare, regular blockages, air locks, no control of heat coming from rads, have to open and close valves to get just hot water or water and heat. I have a 3 bed detached house with 7 rads, in 3 beds, hall, landing, bathroom and living room. Hot water tank upstairs and boiler in kitchen.

I'm gonna get a British Gas quote as they will probably be quite high so I know what to budget for.

Does anyone have any recomendations of people they have used to do this work or ideas of costs?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals