Tesco Finest Sausages

Options
13»

Comments

• Edale
    Edale Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I partly take back some of my criticism above, I have checked the web and Sainsburys red onion sausages are only 77% pork. One thing to note the fat content of the Tesco ones is 21.65% whereas the Sainbsburys ones are only 18.3%. Working out from the meat content this means the meat in Tescos is over 29% fat and the meat in Sainsburys is less than 24% fat. Oh dear I am boring!
  • steampunkmimi
    Options
    The prejudice against Tesco can go too far
    Not quite as far as their unethical behaviour. We stopped spending our money with them some years ago, and are highly unlikely to start spending with them again now. Why anyone shops there at all is beyond me, but then, many people just don't care, provided they can buy what they want, when they want, so we expect that's what accounts for most of Tesco's business.
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anybody who likes good high meat content sauasages that taste good should have a look at Asda , 3 large trays = 2.2 kilos plus for £10.

I dont buy much in Asda but spend £20 now and again to fill up the freezer .
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Edale wrote: »
    Sorry to pick up on an old thread but I shopped at Tesco yesterday for the first time in ages having been shopping at Sainsbury's recently due to a plethora of £12 off a £60 shop vouchers. I always buy finest/TTD sausages and am not happy with the change from the last time I bought Tesco's. First thing to note is the caramelized red onion ones have only 74% pork, I am sure this did not used to be the case. The third ingredient after Caramelised onion (15%) is water so as well as a smaller pack size they are also selling water.

Back to Sainsbury's I think!

You're right their finest sausages used to be in the 80%+ meat range. Aldi's do some in that range if you're interested. The meat content in a sausage is something a lot of people don't compromise on, l won't.

Happy moneysaving all.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 May 2014 at 12:31PM
    Options
    sassyblue wrote: »
    You're right their finest sausages used to be in the 80%+ meat range. Aldi's do some in that range if you're interested. The meat content in a sausage is something a lot of people don't compromise on, l won't.

I dont actually like the really high meat content sausages, the 95% ones - debbie & andrews.
    I love surrey porky whites, they are about 80%
    I do like the tesco finest & sainsburys ttd chipolatas.

Eta - I'll be looking out for the spicy lamb sausages.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clarryd wrote: »
    I am a taster for Tesco Finest Produce and I have just done a review on their Finest sausages.

:D

Wow Clarry, isn't that a great job to have, a taster.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport