Guaranteed Halifax All in One- Can I Ask for Reward Clarity Instead?

Just curious to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation, where they have been guaranteed a card via online banking but wanted a different one.

When I went in branch before to change my pin they did mention this offer (I already had seen it in my online banking but it had disappeared in the interim) and when I asked about the Clarity they were a bit -too- hasty in saying as I was guaranteed for one, I would be guaranteed for them all before trying to grab someone to do an application for me before I said I wanted to think about it.

The only reason why I am questioning this is because they are offering me the highest rate on the All in One 25.9% whereas the Clarity is around 12%.

Only would prefer the Reward Clarity for the £5 statement credit really, as I have no use for 0% cards as I pay off in full each month.

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    I believe you can get Clarity in branch only. So you need to ask in branch.

Remember the Clarity has no introductory rate and they could charge you 21.9% if accepted.
  • Alarae
    Alarae Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    opinions4u wrote: »

Remember the Clarity has no introductory rate and they could charge you 21.9% if accepted.

For some reason I had in my mind that the Clarity had only one single APR offered to everyone- I think I had 'flat rate fee' or something from their website stuck in my head.

I suspected I'd have to go in branch for the Reward Clarity but didn't want to take a wasted trip to ask about it if all they would offer was the All in One.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I didn't think the Clarity Reward card existed any more, just the Clarity card, though it does still have the commission-free overseas deal.
  • Alarae
    Biggles wrote: »
    I didn't think the Clarity Reward card existed any more, just the Clarity card, though it does still have the commission-free overseas deal.

It does, you just annoyingly have to go in branch to apply for the Reward Clarity. I assume it is so they can link it to your Reward bank account or something? Not sure why an online/telephone application couldn't do the same but hey.

It's one of those little annoying things like the fact I wish the Clarity had the Black design of the All in One card instead of the ugly blue one it has :p
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    myn was done over the phone
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    My guaranteed rate on the Allinone is now 21.9% from 25.9%, I guess they really want me to apply

Interestingly this offer started to show up as soon as my monthly £750 started coming from an account not in my name
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I got the offer for a Halifax All-in-One card and got the Clarity instead. Halifax don't credit check you once you already have one of their products (they haven't for me anyway) so the worst that could happen is they'll say no.

The same happened recently with Lloyds (in the same banking group as Halifax) as well. I got a pop up advising me I'm pre-approved for a balance transfer card, but called them and got accepted for the Avios Duo card instead.
  • Alarae
    callum9999 wrote: »
    I got the offer for a Halifax All-in-One card and got the Clarity instead. Halifax don't credit check you once you already have one of their products (they haven't for me anyway) so the worst that could happen is they'll say no.

The same happened recently with Lloyds (in the same banking group as Halifax) as well. I got a pop up advising me I'm pre-approved for a balance transfer card, but called them and got accepted for the Avios Duo card instead.

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    opinions4u wrote: »

You can get a Clarity online:

http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    KTF wrote: »

You can get a Clarity online, but you have to visit a branch for the Clarity Rewards card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure