Not registered keeper!!

Just had a letter from Northampton court saying the case is now going to be heard .
The private parking company who gave me a ticket did not get my details from DVLA which they added £40 to the parking charge for!
I know this because when I tried to tax the car after 6 months but could not find the v11(?) form I contacted DVLA and they confirmed the garage I bought the car from had not sent in the details yet!!
I refused to pay the private company as they had not followed the rules but will the court listen to me?

Replies

• Lots of people looking but no replies.
    Maybe I'm not good at explaining.
    The private company got my name and address from some other agency than DVLA. I don't know who that could be?
    At the time of the offence I was not according to DVLA the registered owner or keeper.
    If I send the logbook showing the date I did become the registered keeper 6 months after the offence to the court will they drop it?
    Please give me some feedback even if it is that I will have to pay!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect they sent a Notice to Keeper to the old owner who sent them your details as new owner. That's normal and will NOT win as a court defence! No wonder the case is going ahead if you basically haven't bothered to properly defend this one - the PPC are picking you of as a victim and laughing at you. You MUST DEFEND IT PROPERLY.

Tell us who the PPC is (ParkingEye?) and dates of all letters starting with the PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you weren't the registered keeper, you were the keeper. Don't push it too far or the DVLA may get interested and fine you for not registering the car in time.

You'll need to defend this properly, starting by acknowledging the claim and asking for more time. Then you're going to have to post more information in order to get any help. You may also want to try pepipoo.com, where there are lots more people able to help.

P.S. You're right, your first post wasn't very clear.

P.P.S. I think expecting a considered response within only an hour of your post is a little ambitious.
  • Thanks for your honest feedback. The company was ANPR and it happened on 29/11/12 originally.
    The company insisted that they got my details from DVLA and charged me £40 for this.
    But when I contacted DVLA to say I didn't have a logbook to tax the car 6 months after purchase they said I was not the registered owner.
    I believed that only the REGISTERED owner/ keeper could be charged?
  • Could you scan up the letter please use something like photo bucket etc
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • The Slithey Tove, I apologise for my impatience and thank you for your opinion. I agree I am probably being silly and should own up to my actions. I am probably going to be asking how to pay as little as possible soon!!
  • hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    We need timings.

If the initial ticket was issued via ANPR, then did you get a notice to keeper within 14 days?

If the initial ticket was issued via the windscreen, did you get a notice to keeper between 28 and 56 days?

If not, then POFA 2012 does not apply and the operator cannot pursue the keeper (you are the keeper under POFA 2012, by the way, which is different to registered keeper). They can only pursue the driver.

Let us know the timescales please
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Could you scan up the letter please use something like photo bucket etc
    Sorry not able to do that. The letter is from H&s litigation services
  • Yes I did get a letter about 6 weeks after the letter on the windscreen. I think I may just give in and pay!!
    Silly me should have paid at £50 instead of leaving it to get to £175!!
    If I reply now and plead will they accept a lower amount?
  • edited 30 November 2013 at 4:34PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2013 at 4:34PM
    Margimarg wrote: »
    Sorry not able to do that. The letter is from H&s litigation services

Hohoho, now you tell us, it's Trev Whitehouse's mob! :rotfl:

DON'T YOU DARE PAY THIS BUNCH! You are really barking up the wrong tree to concentrate on who was keeper or not, yet missing every thread about this lot!

Search this forum for 'Hargreaves' as a keyword and I will find you some pepipoo threads* to read so you can see this for what it really is - utter scam.

*Here you go for starters, this gives you four pepipoo results from recent weeks/months.

Also read these two threads as this is just like your case:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=85238

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=85316

Now, give us DATES please and have you actually got a real court case going on, or a fake court claim piece of paper?

HAVE YOU SUBMITTED A DEFENCE IF THIS IS ACTUALLY A REAL COURT CLAIM?

IF YOU LOSE THIS OR PAY THEM YOU'D HAVE BEEN MUGGED!!! YOU REALLY MUST READ THOSE LINKS AND SEARCH THIS FORUM FOR 'HARGREAVES'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides