Comments

• Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    See this very recent thread about another blue chip organisation

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5362289
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    The one about the custard? I'd stick to your guns, that was perfectly good culinary advice and it will stand up in any court of law.

Stand by for an injunction from Birds Custard. You've been warned
  • Sam_J12
    Sam_J12 Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Invest in a cheap S&P 500 tracker fund. Historic returns are over 10% annualised over a large sample. Little to no risk of losing capital in the long term.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I remember a few threads about these crooks that seem to have disappeared.

Which is presumably why MSE are threatening the removal of my post. They seem to have pressured others.

Will ask it be kept,
  • atush
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    The one about the custard? I'd stick to your guns, that was perfectly good culinary advice and it will stand up in any court of law.

I stand by my advice to Sieve custard to remove lumps ;)
  • atush
    Options
    I just want to know if they are threatening others in this thread or not?
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    atush wrote: »
    I just want to know if they are threatening others in this thread or not?

Not me. My warning was re erm first word, something you may do whilst sleeping, second word rhymes (appropriately) with um dodge.

Anyone? :rotfl:
  • ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ah, yes. The infamous Snore Hodge Group.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • Sam_J12
    Sam_J12 Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    I've just done a quick Google search for the term "Pacific Tycoon" restricted to the last year. From the top ten results, four are directly from Pacific Tycoon itself. The other six results:
    • An official Australian government site describes Pacific Tycoon as a possible 'Ponzi scheme' and recommend against investing in this type of investment.
    • A private LinkedIn group questioning if Pacific Tycoon is "too good to be true".
    • A review of a Pacific Tycoon shipping container investment that concludes "alarm bells were ringing when I was about halfway through reading the online offer document and my view is that it is a gamble"
    • A Lovemoney article highlighting that the Autorite des Marches Financiers and UK watchdog the Financial Conduct Authority have both warned against investing with Pacific Tycoon as it is an unauthorised investment and should be ignored.
    • An article entitled "Pacific Tycoon – An Open Letter to Media Owners: Please Boycott this POS"
    • A blogger posted on behalf of Pacific Tycoon singing the praises of the business.

People should form their own conclusions from this...
  • panter
    panter Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    I guess most of us like to invest in something that looks exciting, that makes us think we are being clever by investing in it, and naturally offers returns above the norm.

But eventually most of us realise that there is no secret route to riches, and quite often this realisation comes after painful investing disasters.

Having been a browser of the MSE money forum for years I am certainly coming down in favour of the "invest it in a worldwide tracker fund" crowd. Then, if you crave excitement, put a fiver on a horse every now and again. But don't take that approach to your investments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure