NCP CAR PARK: Penalty for expired ticket!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

In summary, my mother passed away recently and whilst I had a meeting at the hospital with the surgeon, I got so upset my wife came to pick me up... This meant that I left my car parked at my local Tube station car park (NCP)

I totally forgot and in the morning my wife reminded me the car was at the station...I immediately paid for another days ticket using my iPhone app (8.30am) but when I went to pick up the car, the ticket had already been placed on my windscreen (7am)

Now, I get that i should just ignore it as I have had to do this before in a Morission's car park when my ticket had fallen off the dash board but my question is as follows:

If I ignore it, thats fine but I still use the car park for when I travel in to town...... could they clamp me or do anything to my vehicle? (Company car)

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that clamping is outlawed now

in any case , you appeal on the grounds that a ticket was purchased to cover the daily cost and therefore no loss occurred to the landowner , provide the proof and insist on the ticket being waived, if they dont they should give you a POPLA code and you appeal with them

they cannot act on your car for a previous problem , especially without any court order

so no I dont believe they can punish you or your vehicle for this as no loss occurred
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    latin105fm wrote: »
    Now, I get that i should just ignore it
    Wrong! Ignoring is no longer the correct advice. You should appeal this.

Note, though, that with many NCP car parks, NCP actually own them. If that's the case here (you'll need to find out), then some of the standard appeal arguments won't work, such as right to issue and chase tickets. Also in this case, NCP may be able to claim breach of contract led to their losses, but as you did actually pay, this will not be the case.
  • edited 30 November 2013 at 1:02AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2013 at 1:02AM
    latin105fm wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

In summary, my mother passed away recently and whilst I had a meeting at the hospital with the surgeon, I got so upset my wife came to pick me up... This meant that I left my car parked at my local Tube station car park (NCP)

I totally forgot and in the morning my wife reminded me the car was at the station...I immediately paid for another days ticket using my iPhone app (8.30am) but when I went to pick up the car, the ticket had already been placed on my windscreen (7am)

Now, I get that i should just ignore it as I have had to do this before in a Morission's car park when my ticket had fallen off the dash board but my question is as follows:

If I ignore it, thats fine but I still use the car park for when I travel in to town...... could they clamp me or do anything to my vehicle? (Company car)

Thanks in advance.

Dan

You missed the threads at the top of the forum then?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

...especially important to read the 'newbies' thread as this is a company car and you must appeal it of course. I wish people would never read OLD threads they find (presumably as a result from Googling) when 'page one' of any forum is always just one click away from any ancient thread you first find. Always hop to page one on a forum and don't waste your time on old threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_DadGuys_Dad Forumite
    11K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Company car so keep company in picture and warn them of potential NtK and not to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News