Best flooring for living room when two dogs live here?

Options
12346»

Comments

• zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another vote for Karndean here too. We have it throughout the downstairs. With football mad boys and a dog it is an absolute godsend. We have had it down about 4 yrs now and it still looks like new. I run my vax steamer over it and it is clean in no time.

I agree, the preparation for fitting does cost as much as the Karndean but it has been worth every penny!

HTH

xxx

I heard that you can't use a steam mop on laminate as it takes the colour out of it:(
  • paddypaws101
    Options
    zaksmum wrote: »
    I heard that you can't use a steam mop on laminate as it takes the colour out of it:(

But Karndean is not laminate.....someone above described it as posh vinyl! It is far far tougher than laminate and pretty much water resistant....I have had two floods in my kitchen since the Amtico went down and it was totally unaffected.
  • lisa701
    lisa701 Posts: 414 Forumite
    Options
    We have got laminate with the odd rug here and there.

We did have wooden floors which were easy to clean but despite our best efforts whatever wax / varnish we used it seemed to irritate our dogs paws so we had no option but to cover it up in some way and I didnt want carpets.
  • jacindawilson
    jacindawilson Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 June 2014 at 8:34AM
    Options
    We installed the purple wool carpet in our living room last year.. We bought it from the Nourison Hospitality .. But, also we have a dog at home who use to scratch it from the corners.. I am not getting any idea of how to stop him from doing so..
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty hated wood flooring. Didn't realise it, until we spent a small fortu8ne on it and he wouldn't step onto it, his claws came out and it was like dancing on ice ! we ended up buying runners for the length of the hall, 3 for a walk though the kitchen to the back door( didn't like tiles either! lol) and a huge rug for the lounge. In all you could just about see 6'' either side of the rugs, the flooring.

When he passed, we took all the runners/rugs up. The cat seems to love the flooring, likes running, then putting the brakes on and sliding on her Ar5e to a stop ! It is quite funny to see in action, until she whacks into a wall !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure