IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EuroCar Parks

Options
2»

Comments

• joshbalmer
    Options
    I should also add we were eating at Chiquito's on Clippers Quay in Salford at the time. Would it be possible to go down the route of appealing for them to cancel it, bearing in mind that the original PCN was issued by Euro Car Parks
  • CapIsland
    Options
    I also received one of these. Can I just ignore it and take my chances?
  • CapIsland
    Options
    There is so much conflicting advice everywhere. This is from another site for the Euro Car Parks letter:

That is not a Letter Before Action or Letter Before Claim but a fake LBA/LBC from a Debt Collection Agency. An LBA/LBC can only come from whoever you owe the alleged debt to or their solicitors not a DCA. I think that this misrepresentation by he DCA is almost certainly illegal & worth reporting to Trading Standards.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2013 at 12:15AM
    Options
    joshbalmer wrote: »
    I should also add we were eating at Chiquito's on Clippers Quay in Salford at the time. Would it be possible to go down the route of appealing for them to cancel it, bearing in mind that the original PCN was issued by Euro Car Parks

Of course. Please read the 'successful complaints' thread near the top then come back with any questions - that's what the sticky threads for newbies are there for. :)

CapIsland wrote: »
    I also received one of these. Can I just ignore it and take my chances?

Yes if you want, it's an option as explained in the sticky thread called NEWBIES 'read this first!'.
    CapIsland wrote: »
    There is so much conflicting advice everywhere.

No there really isn't. The sticky threads tell you the options now as you have CHOSEN not to appeal, which goes against the 2013 advice here and on pepipoo.

And you need to start your own thread if you don't understand the advice in the sticky threads - it's all covered and does NOT conflict with pepipoo.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Forensic
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    But this LBC has been issued by Control Account if it's the same as stbanjo's. They're Debt Collectors, and as far as I understand the situation, DCs can't issue LBCCCs, LBCs or LBAs (whatever they want to call them - one and the same) on behalf of anyone.

Only the 'creditor' themselves or a solicitor acting on their behalf can issue - not a Debt Collector. But I do need someone to be able to categorically confirm this, before the OP (or sgtbanjo) relies on this as absolute.

Thanks. I know this comment may not quite belong on this thread but I claim an exception where thanking you directly: you appear to have answered a question I raised minutes ago from the time of this post on a new thread. Cheers again.
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    If your sorry why do it

Start your own thread
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will get help, but go to the Parking forum and search on the left hand side for a blue button called "New Thread".

But put some dates in so we know where we are in the time scale. Oh, and read coupon-mad's sticky at the top that gives guidance to newbies.
  • funkyfreakapotomus
    Options
    If your sorry why do it

Start your own thread

Because I ran a search, found this and asked the question!

I am new to the site and posting and cannot find where to start a new topic.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Because I ran a search, found this and asked the question!

I am new to the site and posting and cannot find where to start a new topic.

main forum , blue button marked NEW THREAD , top left, not far from the red NOTICE in between the green banners , above the sticky threads you need to read

also post the region of the UK too, as it matters !

it looks the same as the blue buttons below, like the EDIT button
  • funkyfreakapotomus
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    main forum , blue button marked NEW THREAD , top left, not far from the red NOTICE in between the green banners , above the sticky threads you need to read

also post the region of the UK too, as it matters !

it looks the same as the blue buttons below, like the EDIT button

Done!

Many thanks for your help! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills