IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EuroCar Parks

Options
Hello everyone

I have received several of the letters seen on here as a result of overunning on time on a Euro Car Park. I previously followed the advice to ignore these letters. Today I received the letter below and I was looking for advice on how to deal with this as I am aware the advice has now changed. The letter reads;
"Letter before claim

Euro car parks ltd (2112)

Amount outstanding: £115.00

As the intervention of Her Majesty's Court Services may now be necessary, we write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct. Numerous attempts to recover the sum detailed above have proved unsuccesful. Itemised below are general documents that may eb relied upon in court:

You will already have received details relating to the outstanding debt for which you are liable to pay. Itemised below are general documents that we may rely on in court, copies of which will be provided upon request:
a) Copy PCN
b) Copy images (where available)
c) Diary notes of collection activity

You must pay now to avoid further action being taken against you

if you are unable to pay you should provide a full written response to our claim within the next 14 days. If you are unable to provide a response within this time you must send a letter of acknowledgment. All correspondence should be sent to the above address and it is important you quote the above reference number.

It is essential that you follow the pre-action procedure and guidelines detailed in Sections III and IV of the Courts Practice Direction relating to Pre-Action Conduct, full details of which can be found on the courts website at:- [then there is a URL for the justice [dot] gov site.

If you do not dispute the claim and wish to make a payment Cheque/Postal order payments should be made payable to our above named client and sent to controlaccount plc, compass House, Waterside, Hanbury Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 4FD. Please quote reference 1294365 on the reverse. If you require a receipt please enclose a SAE with your payment."

It then goes on to say they charge an extra £25 for cheques and gives links and addresses for advise:

In losing we would draw your attention to section II (4) of the Practie Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before clsim. We look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days, should we not receive a response to our letter within this timeframe then we anticipate that court action may commence with no further reference to you

DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

Oscar Jeffries
Legal Executive
Your help is greatly appreciated on this.

Many thanks

Josh

Comments

• kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    I bet Oscar isn't a real employee
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • joshbalmer
    Options
    Hopefully not! I see Sgtbanjo received the same letter, I've subscribed to his thread also to see if lazydaisy gets back to him with some advice. Are these new letters we shoudl be concerned about or just a rehash of the other letters that have been seen on here?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    But this LBC has been issued by Control Account if it's the same as stbanjo's. They're Debt Collectors, and as far as I understand the situation, DCs can't issue LBCCCs, LBCs or LBAs (whatever they want to call them - one and the same) on behalf of anyone.

Only the 'creditor' themselves or a solicitor acting on their behalf can issue - not a Debt Collector. But I do need someone to be able to categorically confirm this, before the OP (or sgtbanjo) relies on this as absolute.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have responded to sgtbanjo's thread and given some ideas as regards responding to this drivel.

The only thing that I am wondering about is that Control Account's website reckons they have a legal dept for small claims. And yet they are a debt collector so would they be registered with the SRA?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • joshbalmer
    Options
    Thanks for replying couponmad. Do you think we should use lazydaisy's reply or wait till lazydaisy gets a chance to reply to these new letters?
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    No use her reply
  • mysterywoman10
    Options
    Is it worth contacting the SRA to find out?

They have a scam alerts feed on their consumer page

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/consumers.page

On the other thread there was some kind of logo bottom left on the letter what's that supposed to be?!
    The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed.
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    No don't waste your time doing that

Just send the letter of as suggested
  • mysterywoman10
    Options
    Well yes send the letter absolutely, but surely getting these people stopped and sending the same letter to others is also important? If they are pretending to be solicitors when they are not?!
    The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed.
  • joshbalmer
    Options
    OK, am I going with a letter along the lines of the one below? Or is my LBC compliant and I am required to take a different route?

ADDRESS
    DATE

Dear Sirs

PCN number xxxxxxx
    Vehicle registration number xxxx

'I have received a letter from Control Account plc dated xxxx, in which they inform me that they are instructed to act as agent on behalf of your company in issuing legal proceedings against me in respect of a 'parking event' which is alleged to have occurred on [datexxxx] (copy letter enclosed for your information).

As you will see your agent's letter implies that it is instructed to act on your behalf in court proceedings. In particularly, it lists various documents that 'we may rely on in court'. As I am sure you are aware, only solicitors have rights of audience to represent a client in court. I should therefore be grateful to receive your confirmation, by return, that Control Account plc is indeed a legitimate firm of solicitors - bearing in mind that it is a criminal offence to wrongfully pretend to be acting in the capacity of a solicitor - and also considering that your company, as principal, is jointly and severally liable for the actions of its agent.

Alternatively, if you were previously unaware of the actions of your agent, you now have the opportunity to redress the matter by cancelling the parking charge against me, and instructing your agent to cease and desist from contacting me in connection with this matter.

Please note, I require your full and detailed reply within 14 days of the date of this letter. If I do not hear from you by then, I shall forward this letter and the letter from your agent, to the Solicitors Regulation Authority for investigation.

Finally, if this letter has indeed been written on your instruction, and it remains your intention to proceed with this matter notwithstanding the matters raised in the paragraphs above, please forward a fully compliant Letter Before Claim and I shall deal with it as required under the Practice Direction.

Yours faithfully

PRINT NAME

cc Control Account plc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills