This thread changed my baby's life!!!

Options
I just wanted to acknowledge everybody's help given to me and my wife at a time when we needed it most.

We ( i should say 'she'!) started breastfeeding our newborn just two weeks ago and it was really painful for my wife. To the extent where her nipples were bleeding and she was dreading our baby waking up as she'd want to feed. My wife was really upset and feeling low. I set up a thread asking for advice from anyone else who'd been though it and the responses were overwhelming.

see here:

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Families;action=display;num=1094471388;start=0#0

In the early hours of one morning my wife was really upset and crying and i too was getting upset.

I printed off these pages of wonderful advice and showed my wife who read them all. She found the motivation and changed her attitude literally within 2 minutes of reading this.

To be honest i cant really nominate one individual as everyone contributed. But i'd like to say thanks to everyone.

It has literally changed my baby's life as she's not drinking formula!

Neil

Formerly known as Gadget Freak!!!
(oh and i dont know how to change my name...)

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    awww, that's so nice :-)
    i didn't contribute to the thread and know nothing about breastfeeding, just wanted to say i'm glad the site helped and that your family'are happy bunnies :-)
    52% tight
  • ELLA
    ELLA Posts: 784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im really pleased your wife had the strength to carry on ;D
    I had the same problem with my daughter and as you said dreaded the thought of feeding her :'( and so had to give up as it was too painful, its a shame I never had the same good advice but well done to everyone who helped you, your wife and daughter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure