PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The demise of the Remoska cooker.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Along with my SC and microwave my Remoska is the best utensil in my kitchen.I'd be bereft without it I think .My big oven only goes on when I am batch baking cakes.The rest of the time I use my 'mosky.I too would miss the glass in the lid.The pan rest could be improved a little perhaps I have had two of them and both were brilliant and so easy to use.I even take it on our family holidays with us as when I go away with my DD and her tribe an extra mini oven is great for feeding the kids quickly :):)
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Kevie192 wrote: »
    After the earlier email from Lakeland, I was curious about what the new models would be like. I emailed them again but they said they couldn't confirm anything.

So, I emailed the manufacturers and this was their response:

Any seasoned Remoska owners have any opinions on the new features? I am trying to decide whether to wait or to buy a second hand current model!

Thanks,

Kevin x

I 'm not sure about removing the glass bit - I like to see what's going on.
    However, I would be really sad to see the handles on the pan instead of the stand as my moska pan often goes in the big oven (when it's on:rotfl:) with yorkie pud in it.

Thank goodness Lakeland are not giving up on the moska completely - my life would never be the same!!! I use mine all the time and only put the big range on when we have a large dinner to cook.

Long live the Remoska
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the info is on lakeland website, but none in stock just yet

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18850/Standard-Remoska-Electric-Cooker
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I got one from Lakeland years ago, and to be honest don't use it that much. The fact that it's got no heat control has always put me off. The only thing I tend to do in it is pork chops.

Since others clearly find the remoska so useful, what am I doing wrong?
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 December 2013 at 12:31AM
    Options
    I use the Remoska all the time, amongst some of the things I cook in it are:-

The best scones ever
    Bread rolls to die for
    Sponge cakes - light as a feather
    Fairy cakes
    Jacket potatoes
    Potato wedges

A deliciously succulent whole roast chicken
    A turkey thigh
    A small joint of pork
    The latter three cook to perfection and the caramalised juices make delicious gravy, and deliver the joy of roasts without the fag of cleaning the cooker.

Don't be put off by the single cooking heat. It cooks to about the equivalent of gas 5 but bread and scones which would normally be done at gas 6 or 7 are perfect.

Do use your Remoska while you have it as the new one is going to be much more expensive at £149.99. I'm hoping mine will hang on for a long time yet.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have two remoskas and use them regularly but won`t be crying when they die. I also have a double oven and the small oven is much more cost efficient as it has a thermostat and is small but bigger than the remoska. I don`t like the peeling non stick, the fact that you have to place a terribly hot lid on its back on the work surface, that there is no thermostat and it is always firing on power, the fact that the outer edge of pies goes dark before the inner bit is ready. I made silicone rings which helped btw.

I like the cook and serve in the same container aspect eg a nice crumble

I won`t be upset when they do die because I will appreciate the large amount of space which will be free and I won`t be getting a new one. I am doing a slow cooked casserole today and will be leaving that in my oven at 160, I can`t do that in the remoska so it is very limited

It is a good device to have on standby in case of oven failure but so is my cobb cooker, which is kept in the shed

Tbh it was good marketing by the lakeland team and I got sucked in, thereby justifying my purchases afterwards. Nothing I cannot do in my double oven cooker and a whole lot better too
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Must admit that I love my Mosky - I use it for jacket spuds, cooking chicken and occasionally for cakes. I have never had a problem with mine. These days it tends to get used less often because I now have gas.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I draw your attention to post No4.

A far better build than the Ramoska, a lot cheaper and a glass window in the lid.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Runcorn_Bridge
    Options
    I have a Bravoska oven, similar to the Remoska but it has a thermostat.
    I've Googled and Ebay'd but can't find any mention of them.
    Does anyone know if they are still being made?
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    There's another Thread,just called Remoska cookers I think, on there someone penrhyn is reviewing the new Remoska cooker...personaly I would miss the wee window on top, but can appreciate that a full metal lid will bake more evenly.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=10314&page=150
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure