£1000.00 challenge - Sainsburys Homephone CPW Talktalk

in Phones & TV
12 replies 1.2K views
Has anyone successfully taken the challenge?

The small print says "itemised BT Bill"....is it possible to get one out of BT as mine are all accumulated by phone number?
illegitimi non carborundum

Replies

• Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will find the T&C's are so tight that no-one has a chance of claiming it :p
  • FroggittFroggitt Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Well Im going to go for it (once I find out how to get an itemised BT bill). I'll let you know how I get on.

Frog
  • GamblerGambler Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    itemised BT bills are on-line
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    I think the challenge excludes 0870 and 0845 numbers, as these are cheaper on BT.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
    5.9K Posts
    OK. Ive just asked for my BT bill to be itemised going forward.......once I have three months of itemisation, I then switch to Sainsbos for a month, and then claim my free £1,000.

Thats the theory anyway.

If it comes off, I will share this with the board......will probably have to ration somehow the number of people doing this as they of course retain the right to vary the terms and conditions....which of course they will do if they get hundreds of applications for £1,000.
    32.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you studied the small print as I know the TalkTalk £1,000 was tied up very tightly it was unlikely anyone would win it. I think it also excluded people from using other companies like 18866/1899.
    5.9K Posts
    Heres the deal......
    Sainsbury's Homephone £1,000 challenge*
    We are so convinced that Sainsbury's Homephone will save you money that if we can't prove it we'll give you £1,000. The challenge is open to customers who have been using BT as their only provider of calls on their main residential line and have switched to Sainsbury's Homephone.

The comparison for the challenge will be made by recalculating the cost of each individual call listed in your last Sainsbury's Homephone bill at the BT Together Option 1 rate if you are on Homephone70, the BT Together Option 2 rate if you are on Homephone70 UK or the BT Together Option 3 rate if you are on Homephone70 Unlimited. Similarly, we will apply any BT Friends and Family discounts applicable to the relevant Option package, together with any associated subscription charges.

To apply for the £1,000 Challenge* please download the application form, print it out, and, after completing it, send it with the supporting documents, mentioned below, to:

Sainsbury's Homephone £1,000 Challenge
    Tariffcom Ltd
    PO Box 26193
    Dunfermline
    KY11 9YQ

With your application you must include the following supporting documentation:

An original itemised BT bill for a full quarter (either 1 quarterly bill or 3 monthly bills) dated immediately prior to the date you signed up for Sainsbury's Homephone for your main residential line.
    A copy of your most recent Sainsbury's Homephone bills as a means of identifying yourself as a current Sainsbury's Homephone customer.
    Whilst we will endeavour to return the bills you send us, we advise you to make copies, of the bills you submit, for your own records.

*terms and conditions of this promotion are as follows :-

1. You must be a current Sainsbury's Homephone customer and have complied in full with the Sainsbury's Homephone Terms & Conditions for the Provision of Home Telephone Services (including, without limitation, your payment obligations).

2. 2. The promotion is only open to current customers who spend a minimum of £5 (VAT inc) per month on eligible calls (which exclude calls of the type set out in paragraph 5 below) with Sainsbury's Homephone.

3. Tariffcom Ltd, a company independent of Sainsbury's and The Carphone Warehouse Group plc group of companies ("CPW Group") will complete the analysis on our behalf and, in taking part in the challenge, you consent to us submitting your billing information to them for this purpose.

4. The following comparisons between BT residential tariffs and Sainsbury's Homephone tariffs applicable to your last Sainsbury's Homephone bill will be made by Tariffcom Ltd:

Homephone70 will be compared with BT Together Option 1;
    Homephone70 UK will be compared with BT Together Option 2; and
    Homephone70 Unlimited will be compared with BT Together Option 3.

No other comparisons will be undertaken by Tariffcom Ltd.

5. The promotion is not open to anyone who is not currently a customer of Sainsbury's Homephone or to customers with more than one line, and excludes calls to the internet, 0845 or premium rate numbers.

6. Your entry must include an itemized BT bill for your main residential line for a full quarter dated immediately prior to the date you signed up with Sainsbury's Homephone. BT must have been the sole call provider for calls on that line and in your household for that period.

7. Sainsbury's Homephone is a service designed for residential use only. The usage pattern shown on the BT bill provided must be substantially similar to that shown on the Sainsbury's Homephone bills. Entries that, in the opinion of Tariffcom Ltd, look to deliberately manipulate call spend away from that which a residential customer would normally spend would nullify an entry for the challenge.

8. You must have been, and continue to be at the time of making the application, an active Sainsbury's Homephone customer for three complete months before entering the Sainsbury's Homephone challenge and have used, and continue to use at the time of making the application, Sainsbury's Homephone, as far as is possible under the Sainsbury's Homephone service, as your sole calls provider.

9. Only one entry per household or individual may be made.

10. The promotion is not open to employees of any member of the J Sainsbury's plc group of companies, the CPW Group, Tariffcom Ltd or any of their friends, associates or family.

11. No limited duration promotions launched by BT after 25th February 2003 will be taken into consideration as part of the challenge.

12. The decision of the CPW Group shall be final and binding in connection with all disputes related to this promotion.

13. CPW Group reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions of the challenge at any time, and may withdraw the challenge giving 30 days notice, such notice to be posted at Sainsbury's Homephone website at https://www.sainsburystelecom.co.uk.

14. The challenge excludes any new services available in conjunction with BT Together Options 1, 2 and/or 3 introduced by BT within the three months preceding the date of receipt by Tariffcom Ltd of your application.
    32.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can't use 18866 or 1899 and must spend minimum of £5 in calls per month not including 0845 etc ....

Well that lets most folk from here out as they would be most annoyed if they paid £5 per month on calls icon8.gif
  • bbb_ukbbb_uk Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    So you can't use 18866 or 1899 and must spend minimum of £5 in calls per month not including 0845 etc ....

Well that lets most folk from here out as they would be most annoyed if they paid £5 per month on calls icon8.gif
    Not to mention the fact you need to have been using BT for 3 months prior to immediately signing up with Homephone and you need to have been on Homephone for 3 months as well before trying to claim. Also, the call pattern for the 3 months with BT and the 3months with Homephone have to be almost identical. What happens if for 1 month you hardly use the phone or you get carried away and have a huge bill?

As normal, they've really thought of everything in the t&c to get them out of paying!
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    When you take out 0845, 0870 and premium rate numbers, I can't see how you could pay more using Sainsbury's Telecom than you would BT when you make all calls on either.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides