Sainsbury's Homephone £1,000 challenge*
We are so convinced that Sainsbury's Homephone will save you money that if we can't prove it we'll give you £1,000. The challenge is open to customers who have been using BT as their only provider of calls on their main residential line and have switched to Sainsbury's Homephone.
The comparison for the challenge will be made by recalculating the cost of each individual call listed in your last Sainsbury's Homephone bill at the BT Together Option 1 rate if you are on Homephone70, the BT Together Option 2 rate if you are on Homephone70 UK or the BT Together Option 3 rate if you are on Homephone70 Unlimited. Similarly, we will apply any BT Friends and Family discounts applicable to the relevant Option package, together with any associated subscription charges.
To apply for the £1,000 Challenge* please download the application form, print it out, and, after completing it, send it with the supporting documents, mentioned below, to:
Sainsbury's Homephone £1,000 Challenge
PO Box 26193
With your application you must include the following supporting documentation:
An original itemised BT bill for a full quarter (either 1 quarterly bill or 3 monthly bills) dated immediately prior to the date you signed up for Sainsbury's Homephone for your main residential line.
A copy of your most recent Sainsbury's Homephone bills as a means of identifying yourself as a current Sainsbury's Homephone customer.
Whilst we will endeavour to return the bills you send us, we advise you to make copies, of the bills you submit, for your own records.
*terms and conditions of this promotion are as follows :-
1. You must be a current Sainsbury's Homephone customer and have complied in full with the Sainsbury's Homephone Terms & Conditions for the Provision of Home Telephone Services (including, without limitation, your payment obligations).
2. 2. The promotion is only open to current customers who spend a minimum of £5 (VAT inc) per month on eligible calls (which exclude calls of the type set out in paragraph 5 below) with Sainsbury's Homephone.
3. Tariffcom Ltd, a company independent of Sainsbury's and The Carphone Warehouse Group plc group of companies ("CPW Group") will complete the analysis on our behalf and, in taking part in the challenge, you consent to us submitting your billing information to them for this purpose.
4. The following comparisons between BT residential tariffs and Sainsbury's Homephone tariffs applicable to your last Sainsbury's Homephone bill will be made by Tariffcom Ltd:
Homephone70 will be compared with BT Together Option 1;
Homephone70 UK will be compared with BT Together Option 2; and
Homephone70 Unlimited will be compared with BT Together Option 3.
No other comparisons will be undertaken by Tariffcom Ltd.
5. The promotion is not open to anyone who is not currently a customer of Sainsbury's Homephone or to customers with more than one line, and excludes calls to the internet, 0845 or premium rate numbers.
6. Your entry must include an itemized BT bill for your main residential line for a full quarter dated immediately prior to the date you signed up with Sainsbury's Homephone. BT must have been the sole call provider for calls on that line and in your household for that period.
7. Sainsbury's Homephone is a service designed for residential use only. The usage pattern shown on the BT bill provided must be substantially similar to that shown on the Sainsbury's Homephone bills. Entries that, in the opinion of Tariffcom Ltd, look to deliberately manipulate call spend away from that which a residential customer would normally spend would nullify an entry for the challenge.
8. You must have been, and continue to be at the time of making the application, an active Sainsbury's Homephone customer for three complete months before entering the Sainsbury's Homephone challenge and have used, and continue to use at the time of making the application, Sainsbury's Homephone, as far as is possible under the Sainsbury's Homephone service, as your sole calls provider.
9. Only one entry per household or individual may be made.
10. The promotion is not open to employees of any member of the J Sainsbury's plc group of companies, the CPW Group, Tariffcom Ltd or any of their friends, associates or family.
11. No limited duration promotions launched by BT after 25th February 2003 will be taken into consideration as part of the challenge.
12. The decision of the CPW Group shall be final and binding in connection with all disputes related to this promotion.
13. CPW Group reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions of the challenge at any time, and may withdraw the challenge giving 30 days notice, such notice to be posted at Sainsbury's Homephone website at https://www.sainsburystelecom.co.uk.
14. The challenge excludes any new services available in conjunction with BT Together Options 1, 2 and/or 3 introduced by BT within the three months preceding the date of receipt by Tariffcom Ltd of your application.
So you can't use 18866 or 1899 and must spend minimum of £5 in calls per month not including 0845 etc ....
Well that lets most folk from here out as they would be most annoyed if they paid £5 per month on calls
This first-time buyer wants your thoughts
Was it right?
Valid on university textbooks only