Zte blade v good or bad ?

Getting offered a Zte blade V for £10.37 a month with virgin mobile for 200 mins, unlimited data , 500 texts fully insured etc 24 mth contract is there a possible better deal that you fellow virgin mobile people are getting and I should hold out for ?
I am happy with that but I'm glad they do a 14 day return cheers :)

Comments

• It'll be fine for calling, texting, angry birds, etc. The screen isn't especially high res, the processor will do the basics, RAM is good though. Depends on what you want to do now and over the life of the contract.

To be honest if you can afford to pay a bit up front and save on a sim only tariff get a Moto G sim free.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    leachy wrote: »
    Getting offered a Zte blade V for £10.37 a month with virgin mobile for 200 mins, unlimited data , 500 texts fully insured etc 24 mth contract is there a possible better deal that you fellow virgin mobile people are getting and I should hold out for ?
    I am happy with that but I'm glad they do a 14 day return cheers :)
    It's not bad if you really need 200+500+Unltd+Insurance.

150+200+500 is available for £30 in total for 2 years and more.
    Blade V costs £90+£10 on PAYG.
  • Never really understood why someone takes out a restrictive, 24 month contract on such a low priced phone, personally. As the poster earlier said, imo far better to go for the much superior Motorola Moto G upfront and pair it with one of the many superb value 30 days SIM deals out there (which start at nowt, btw).
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Moto G is a much better bet.

Pick one up from Tesco on the cheap and unlock it for a fiver.
  • Rusty! wrote: »
    Moto G is a much better bet.

Pick one up from Tesco on the cheap and unlock it for a fiver.

Are there unlock codes for the Moto G? Just checked ebay and can't see any. TIA!
  • Rusty!
    Forumite
    Yes, I've done one myself :)

Cheapest I know of is https://www.movical.net however you'll probably need Google Translate.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Another vote for moto g, the phone of the moment, tesco seem to be the only people locking them at the moment but cheap from there if you can get one from there, look up this app, same as the movical website above. If you don't need unlimited data have a look at ovivo.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sdwebs.unlockio
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2013 at 3:22PM
    Rusty! wrote: »
    Yes, I've done one myself :)

Cheapest I know of is www.movical.net however you'll probably need Google Translate.

Nice one! :) I'm assuming it works just like the ones you get off ebay - an unlock code is sent to you?
  • Rusty!
    Forumite
    Yep that's right, pretty easy stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts