Notice Period Pay

Hello

I handed in my notice around a month ago and I'm supposed to give two months notice. I had 18 days holiday left to take so it was arranged that I could leave 18 days early from my job.

I've just received my paycheck and it is only for around half a month. Can anyone advise would the 18 days holiday have been unpaid or should I have received the pay for my full notice period? My last day in office was the 12th Nov my last official day with the company is the 5th Dec

Thanks for your help

Comments

• You should be paid your wage up until the 12th, then you should also receive all holiday pay that is owed you upon leaving your employer.

See here: gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/taking-holiday-before-leaving-a-job
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As 18 days leave is about a month, do you think they docked you a month's pay as you only gave 1 month's notice instead of 2?

But they should have given you a written explanation.
  • It will all depend on your leave entitlement but you do not get it all in one go it is pro rata.

So...if you were leaving at the end of March and your leave year runs April - March as most companies do then you would be entitled to the full entitlement.

In your case it sounds like they've calculated it as follows:

(Assuming you have 25 days leave per year)

25/12 = 2 days leave per month

April -November 8 months = 16 days annual leave

If you have already taken 9 days leave then this will come from that entitlement meaning you effectively have taken your paid leave and have gone into unpaid leave.

Hope that makes sense?

The company though, should have told you this before allowing you to take all of your leave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure