Can cyclists answer me why??

Options

Comments

• Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sacsquacco wrote: »
    I have never ever failed to see a cyclist on the road at night whether hes displaying a little red glow or not, you need to get down to specsavers if you dont see the bikes or not.

Carrying on displaying that stunning intellect.
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    Yes wear black too....

It will match the pallbearers suits...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Altarf wrote: »
    Carrying on displaying that stunning intellect.
    I am not advocating anyone to ride at night without lights just that whether you display a little light of an inch or two in diameter or not, we can see the bike regardless, at least I always can, just as I can see parked cars etc on the road at night which are not lit. with normal street lighting theres plenty of light to see anything on the road, lit up or not. I also dont need hi vis jackets to see anyone. Theres a current fad at the moment to dress everyone in day glo gear the moment they head for the roads, no wonder Littlejohn and Clarkson are making fun at all you pratts in your dayglo garb
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Theres a current fad at the moment to dress everyone in day glo gear the moment they head for the roads, no wonder Littlejohn and Clarkson are making fun at all you pratts in your dayglo garb

I don't think either of those belligerent s***-stirrers are in any position to be offering sartorial advice! :rotfl:
  • Altarf
    Options
    I am not advocating anyone to ride at night without lights just that whether you display a little light of an inch or two in diameter or not, we can see the bike regardless, at least I always can, just as I can see parked cars etc on the road at night which are not lit. with normal street lighting theres plenty of light to see anything on the road, lit up or not. I also dont need hi vis jackets to see anyone. Theres a current fad at the moment to dress everyone in day glo gear the moment they head for the roads, no wonder Littlejohn and Clarkson are making fun at all you pratts in your dayglo garb

Yes of course you can.

I would say don't come running crying when someone runs you over because you were not visible, but you probably won't be able to.
  • Marco_Panettone
    Options
    Yes of course you can.

I would say don't come running crying when someone runs you over because you were not visible, but you probably won't be able to.

Do you feel the same about pedestrians?
    It's only numbers.
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    If they walk out without looking left and right.....YES!
  • Altarf
    Options
    Do you feel the same about pedestrians?

Intelligent pedestrians look left and right to ensure that there is no traffic, before swiftly crossing the road from one pavement to another.

They do not tend to walk up the middle of the road, dressed like a ninja, like some (foolish) cyclists want to.
  • Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Options
    Intelligent pedestrians look left and right to ensure that there is no traffic, before swiftly crossing the road from one pavement to another.

They do not tend to walk up the middle of the road, dressed like a ninja, like some (foolish) cyclists want to.
    They do tend to walk up the middle of a cycle path, even when there is a pedestrian path right beside it and the cycle path is clearly marked as such.
  • Marco_Panettone
    Options
    Pedestrians are allowed to walk in cycle lanes. They're also allowed to walk in the road. Running people over is never allowed, and joking about the deaths of other road users isn't funny.
    It's only numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport