Xbox 360 games for 10 yr old

Options
As the title says, I am looking for some decent games for a 10 year old boy who is getting his first xbox 360 for Christmas, please.
Almost all of the "best" games are way above his age range. I am prepared to go to 12+ depending on the game.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.:smiley:
G

Comments

• tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    you could try

Rachet and clank
    any lego game (such as lego star wars)
    Mario Karts
  • Thanks for your suggestions. Forgot to say that he loves lego star wars on the wii and the hobbit and portal on the laptop.
    G
  • curls
    curls Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would second the suggestion for Lego Games, but unfortunately Ratchet & Clank is Sony only and Mario is Nintendo only.

Other suggestions for Xbox360:
    Rayman Legends (cartoon style platform game)
    Minecraft (sandbox game, cheapish game & great reviews)
    Fifa14 (if he likes football games)
    Forza 4 (if he likes driving games),
    Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (less serious Mario Kart style driving)
  • curls
    curls Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just seen your last post, so another idea is Portal 2.
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If he likes Adventure Time, they have just released a new Xbox game... Or look for his favourite films in game version - most big disney/pixar etc releases are accompanied by a game nowadays.
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    curls wrote: »
    Would second the suggestion for Lego Games, but unfortunately Ratchet & Clank is Sony only and Mario is Nintendo only.

Yes, just realised you are right, sorry! The game I meant to say was Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
  • Wow, some great suggestions.
    We already have minecraft and fifa 14 (part of the argos offer a wee while back).
    Was thinking of a good racing game as I want him to play with others (not online just yet). Always have battles over amount of time spent on minecraft on kindle!
    I remember loving a banjo-kazooie game on gameboy a few (!) years back.
    I thought portal was just a pc game so thanks.
    Any more ideas for games that he could play with his dad, sister (17) or myself, please?

G
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 November 2013 at 6:27AM
    Options
    Go to game.co.uk and search for the games in the 10 year old range.

What about monopoly, bejewled.
    Lego games and Portal (theres 1 and 2) that have been mentioned.
    Mario and sonic at the olympics/winter games
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    High school musical
    Zpoo Tycoon
    Rayman Legends
    Disney Epic Mickey: The Power Of 2

I've not played these myself apart from portal which is decent, all the others I found on shopto, to be honest the sonic games you can rarely go wrong.
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lego and Portal are great for playing together... Portal may get a little complex for a 10 year old (I know I struggle sometimes!) so it may be better to play as Co-Op.

Viva Piñata and Kameo are good games (and old, so probably available at a rather low cost!). I like Beautiful Katamari too, but it may be a little too girly for your son. Have a look though!

As suggested look on Game's website - most of the kids games are at least 2 player, and often up to 4 player, so there should be plenty of opportunity for playing with others.

You could also search any of the already mentioned games on Amazon and look at their 'Also Bought' section for lots of ideas!
  • Thank you. I know Portal is very complicated but my son just seems to "get it" and my husband and I have tried hard but it's too tricky for us!
    Some fab ideas, thanks to all.
    G
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family