🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Got a NatWest or RBS cash Isa? Check your rate isn't being cut

Options
1235»

Comments

• Puffer
    Puffer Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mrschaucer wrote: »
    Have now had the email like everyone else and qualify for the 0.3%. Has anybody else been flummoxed by the table showing the old/new rates though?
    In the old rates table, the AER is always more than the Gross. In the new rates table "with additional interest of 0.3%", the Gross is more than the AER, and those AER figures look plain wrong. Shouldn't the 0.3% be added to the basic AERs giving figures of 1.8% and 1.3% respectively? Have I lost the plot?

My wife and I have each had e-ISA since 2009 and current account but have received nothing from NatWest to say that we get the extra 0.3%. I have spoken to NatWest today and no-one knows about the 'enhancement'.

What is the official source of this information (if this extra interest does exist) and what precisely are the qualifying criteria, please?

Unless I get positive news on this shortly, there will be two large balances seeking a new home.
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    Puffer wrote: »
    My wife and I have each had e-ISA since 2009 and current account but have received nothing from NatWest to say that we get the extra 0.3%. I have spoken to NatWest today and no-one knows about the 'enhancement'.

What is the official source of this information (if this extra interest does exist) and what precisely are the qualifying criteria, please?

Unless I get positive news on this shortly, there will be two large balances seeking a new home.

Me and hubby heard by letter on 16th Jan to say we'd qualified for the extra 0.3%. We have been current account holders for least 20 years and had out latest ISA's with them since about 2010/11.

HTH
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport