O2 shop

Options
peter_the_piper
peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Am I doing something wrong? I try to order a mobile on online50 from O2 and am constantly referred to an 0870 number after going through the whole order process. Is this another way of getting extra funds for a cheap service? Any better places to get a Samsung E800 plus a tariff with lots of texts on it for about 20.00?
PS managed to get an 0800 number for sales but I bet they say 'sorry cannot give you this tariff as its online only'.
I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    The o2 shop is down more times than it is up these days.

If you ring their o2 online sales via their freephone 0800 0643535 number, then you can take advantage of any tariff that is on their website.

Did you know that the phone (D500) is £19.99 if you take any monthly tariff below £30?

If you can wait until the beginning of next month, there is a chance that the phone will be free regardless of which tariff you choose!

I know this as a friend of mine wanted the v635 and it was £30 for the phone on the tariff he wanted (a £20 tariff) but the phone would be free on any tariff £30 or above then come the 1st of April, the phone was free regardless of whatever tariff you choose.

I've found all phone companies (inc networks) work similiar ways. The longer you wait the more you get for your money like freephones and cashbacks, etc. An example is the 6230i, I've not seen any company do cashback yet but a month down the line I believe cashbacks will start to appear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure