PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thursday 7th November 2013

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Another hi and fly this morning.

I am taking one of my colleagues to new employers today to see if they can find her a job too. Fingers crossed.

Current employer has another mandatory staff meeting. Must be more bad news :rotfl:

Lamb mince curry for dinner, at least I have managed to organise that :o

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those who need or just want them. Keep well, warm and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Too dark to see what the weather is doing but it feels quite mild no heating here yet and its quite comfortable.

DD is poorly she had a raging sore throat and headache and feels rotten she is having the day off of uni, she can catch up on the work later, she can have a duvet day with the dog.

I am off to work long day today, dinner will be something and chips possibly egg abd bacon will go and check my list. Tesco delivery tonight.

We have no hot water atm, was fine yesterday afternoon but had gone by evening OH need to phone a friend today and try to get it sorted, there is no way we can go without hot water, hopefully it wont be too expensive !

Have good days all xx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Damp here today, fish fed, hubby is working a mixed shift this week, so I'm up and breakfasted, he's in bed with a cuppa.
    Hugs to Molly, LW, Hilly, bemuzed and anyone else in need.
    I was warmer at work y'day despite having the outside doors open all day as I wore a vest top under my dress, I shall do the same today.
    Bacon hot pot for tea last night, it was yummy, I'm taking leftovers for lunch today, tea will be egg on toast for me tonight as hubby won't finish til 10 ish.I've finished a minion hat & one toy, 2 more hats & 5 more toys to go, it's the feet I find hard, knitting black with my eyesight is no joke.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bonjour mes Amis
    Slept well, and ready for another day of travelling, after clear blue skies and sunshine, though not always high temps. Today could be a grey and damp one, though no heavy rain forecast.

Will wave to Kathy as we pass as tonight, will be staying at Poitiers.

Weetabix for DH & a HB egg for me for breakfast. Last night in the end DH had cheese sarnies, and I had celery with light primula tube cheese & a HB egg. Last one used up this morning.
    ((Hugs)), Spoons & positive vibes all round, TTFTM, you never know the meeting might be to say they are paying you, but have no need to work your notice :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning chums grey and grotty looking outside at the moment.I got all of my ironing done yesterday thank goodness,plus I knitted and lined with some scrap material a little case for my Ipod.It hopefully will stop the screen from getting scratched when in my handbag.
    I had a small list of to-do jobs yesterday and got all bar one ticked off so quite a productive day.I have to go to the dentist today and see if I can get an appointment.One of my old choppers is really giving me gyp and I think its past saving.So fingers crossed I can see one of the dentists and they can get rid of it.I'd rather have it out than keep trying to save it.its at the back so it doesn't show,but it keeps making the rest of my teeth very sensitive.
    Must deep clean the bathroom this morning as well if I've got time as its looking like it need a good polish,only thing about having s/steel everywhere it does need a good polish to keep it sparkling.
    NSD today ad I have more than enough food indoors and I'm keeping a tight grip on my purse this month.My dgs must be growing older now as its his birthday next week and his Mum said he wants the Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals cook book :):) He's 23 shortly and his girlfriend has got him interested in cooking.I am hoping this one will stay as his last girlfriend broke his heart bless him.But Hayley seems a nice lass and they are in the same workplace so she understands his long hours as she too works them.
    Right time for a shower,coffee and school run in that order,then off to see the dentists ,wish me luck :):)
    Cheers JackieO xxx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Safe trip Donny.
    TTFTM - Hope it's not more bad news.
    RR - Hope DD feels better soon.

Feeling a bit flat, this is the day we should have been loading the lorries, will go to my shift at the hospice this afternoon so that I am busy after work. May also go to Ald! to get some of their logs as ours are finished and we still have a week or more to go and it's not very warm in here!!

Damp again this morning, getting a bit fed up with rain, hopefully we willl get some better weather soon.

Take care. XX
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RedRuby - Duvet days with doggy as company is just the best. Hope your DD feels better soon and hugs to you all xx

Hester - glad you kept warm x

Donny - Bon voyage xx

I had a bit of a day on Tuesday as eldest son has problems with his b1tch of a girlfriend again - she had bought food but would not let him eat it! She also smashed his computer screen - but not over his head unlike last time. I wish he would come home - time and again I keep asking him but she has her claws into him:(:(:(

Anyway GP for me and other errands so must away and take my meds in order to be compos mentis(sp?) in time xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yesterday mr tru moaned about miss tru forgetting the milk, then remembered that he forgot first, so quickly shut up. He left for work and came back five minutes later with a four-pinter. I washed up the things I used during the day, mr tru washed his flasks and travel mug when he got home, then his tea things later. Most of the rest has been left – I gave in with the cutlery though, it's soaking in the sink atm.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I went to the museum yesterday, there was no-one working on poppies but the woman in charge was about to hang some up. So I traipsed round the docks with her in the rain :D We hung all the strung poppies around tree trunks, on railings, on benches and around a couple of bollards :D I brought home a bag full of single ones, I'm going to chain them together and take them back in tomorrow.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Bargainbird the living advent calendar looks fab, I've never seen anything like that before.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]JackieO I almost made a case for my phone :D Then found the little pouch my crochet hooks came in, it's the perfect width but a bit long so I'll shorten it today.

Molly :sad:

I want to put some washing on but one of the mini-trus has left their clothes in the machine. So mine will have to wait. I'm not sorting it, sounds mean but I'm sure it's calculated - put machine on then go work. Mum will need the machine so will sort mine in order to do hers. No she won't actually. Pfffft.
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hugs to all those that are feeling sad/poorly x

Broken cloud and damp here this morning.

DH up and off to work stupid early.

Dinner last night was fish, jacket potatoes, beans and salad. Tonight I haven't got a clue but will need to have a dig about in the freezer/storecupboard to create something. Don't really want to visit the shops/SM if I can help it. Will be doing a proper food shop tomorrow.

Work yesterday was much quieter, so I was able to sort all my emails etc before finishing as I'm now on annual leave until Monday 18 November.

DS2 is going to Barcelona on a school trip in April next year - and I needed to pay the deposit - went to the school to pay and was met with "oh we can't take any money as we don't have the facilities any more you have to pay via the computer" - the advisor proceeded to give me the log in procedures and codes for me to either do it on the computer at the school (especially put in the reception area) or take it home. As the reception area is always bustling with people coming in and out I decided to do it at home. I'm not a brilliant computer wizz but use the computer daily at home and at work so can generally get stuff done. I tried for ages to set up this account and then activiate it and it just kept saying that it wouldn't do anything - so as a last resort rang the school back and advised them that it wasn't working with the codes and procedures list they'd given me, and I asked the advisor to check the passwords etc I'd been given only to be told that the advisor had given me the incorrect password with digits missing and 2 others transposed! Made it work eventually but it took over an hour to get hold of anyone then them finding the info etc. All I wanted to do was pay the deposit! All done now. Arghh......

Have the normal list of chores etc to do today - want to get as much done as possible as I really don't want to spend all of next week trying to do stuff that I would normally get done on my days off iyswim, and I lose next Friday as DH and myself are going away.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning

Had a lie in this morning didn't wake till 6.30. Off to work , but I'm doing home visits today so I always start later as a lot of the older ladies don't get up very early . Will be finished at lunchtime

DH had a migraine yesterday and went to bed early , so hoping he is feeling better today, he's still in bed at the moment

Woken up very sneezy and snotty. :eek: think its allergy rather than a cold , dont know what's caused it though , I have taken an antihistamine

Might go out for lunch if DH is feeling ok

Have a good day everyone xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family