We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot get wireless access on Laptop

Options
Hi,

I have the BTVoyager (2091) router connected to my PC and have a wireless laptop. I was able to get wireless access to the internet (on the laptop) until recently when I had a virus and had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall :mad: .

Now I can see the wireless connection but when I click connet it says no signal and just sits there.
There is an unprotected signal which I clicked on to see if it works and yes I can connect and surf (note I only did this to test laptop and hardware/software - not to use ilegally!).

Does anyone have any tips/ideas as to the problem?
I have double checked to code for the router etc.

Thanks
Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Log into the router using the Ethernet cable and enter a new long random WPA-PSK key from here and then paste in the same key during the set-up process when connecting the laptop.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Madasafish_Customer_Care
    Options
    Hi Wah3344,

I'm not sure if you got the router from us, it's a model that we use to supply.

All the 2091s that we sent out are password protected and you'll find the password on the little pink stick on the base of the router if its one of ours!

Good luck!

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • RumanaB
    RumanaB Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Still no luck, have tried changing the channels and using different codes.

I can see the Wireless Network Name and it enables me to select and click connect, but then no luck.
    I tried to 'repair' but it comes back with a message that IP addresscould not be renewed - is this a lead?

Once again, I can connect top the unsecured connection!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family