NPower - Have they changed my tariff?

seh567
seh567 Posts: 286
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
On 20th October I changed my tariff from Energy Online Oct 13 to Fix Online Nov 14 and received an 'application form Thank you quoting " You've changed your tariff. We'll process your tariff change and will send you a letter to confirm the change and your new prices".

To date I have not received a letter nor has the new tariff appeared on my online account. My old tariff expires today so I am worried that the change has not been actioned, especially as the tariff I wanted to change to was taken down a couple of days later and is no longer available.

Could someone confirm if they have had a similar experience and what was the outcome. Also perhaps a Npower representative could confirm that this change has taken place. Thanks

Comments

• seh567
    Forumite
    Any answers please
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    seh567 wrote: »
    On 20th October I changed my tariff from Energy Online Oct 13 to Fix Online Nov 14 and received an 'application form Thank you quoting " You've changed your tariff. We'll process your tariff change and will send you a letter to confirm the change and your new prices".

To date I have not received a letter nor has the new tariff appeared on my online account. My old tariff expires today so I am worried that the change has not been actioned, especially as the tariff I wanted to change to was taken down a couple of days later and is no longer available.

Could someone confirm if they have had a similar experience and what was the outcome. Also perhaps a Npower representative could confirm that this change has taken place. Thanks

I have done the same as you and moved from the October 13 to the November 14 tariff. I changes the tariff at the end of September and received 2 letters over 4 weeks but both quoting the standard tariffs.

I phoned them yesterday and they said I had not had any paperwork about the new tariff as it had not started yet. I got them to quote the tariff I would be on and they said for electricity it would be 20.74p per day standing charges and 11.729p per unit. For gas it would be 13.29p per day standing charge and 3. 867p per unit.

I Also put in a meter reading yesterday as I was told to do so as the tariff wad changing.
  • Switching takes seconds ON LINE-but that's when the fun begins.
    In simple terms think of it as closing down one account and opening up another-because that's what happens and it takes time. The energy companies will do this for you--but do not take your off this ball for a second.
    I guarantee you-that it will takes weeks and you will be left with at least fifteen different pieces of paper with pretty ambiguous content.
    You are in charge though-so do not delegate responsibility to the companies to sort it for you. They will get into some kind of a muddle and you will have to intervene.
  • NB-My previous post of course refers mainly for SWITCHing from one company to another. However-the same muddles have occurred for me when switching between in-house " products" . The problem is the admin--and is almost exactly the same process as above-ie if you are switching away from a company-with the exception of the direct debit details.
    In my case-they even got that wrong--by only charging me just electricity on a dual fuel deal rather than gas/electricity for the first month. The reason?- the admin for the electricity segment of my account was ready a few days before the gas and it missed the deadline for the direct debit timescale. Computer said "no".
    This of course was rectified by a double direct debit for gas a month later....and I await to see if things settle to what their sales dept initially agreed at end of September this coming month .
    Thus-that is 8 weeks confusion without even a company switch.
    Npower-the chocolate teapot company!
  • seh567
    Forumite
    Well, they have really cocked it up. Checked my online account today and it says I have been tranferred to a standard tariff. Whats the point of changing tariff online if they choose to ignore. Complaint time I guess which will probably fall on deaf ears.
  • I'm having problems switching too. I switched from British Gas to Npower, to the online price fix November 2014 for both gas and electric. This was only a few days before they pulled the deal, i signed up on 17th Oct 2013. I have received a contract for Gas but nothing for electricity. I telephoned them and they said a mistake had been made, they apologised and said they would send my electricity contract through in the post. The thing is, i didn't make a note of the actual unit rate and standing charge i was quoted when i signed up. (silly me) I have now been quoted 21.95 daily standing charge and 11.58 unit rate for my electric. Does this sound correct? I wondered if anyone else signed up for the same deal as me and what price they have been quoted?
  • There are numerous posts on these forums about the clockwork efficiency of NPower.
    However as we are now approaching the Pantomime Season I will expect to see a further plethora of complaints.
    Oh yes I will.
  • RADDERS
    RADDERS Posts: 241
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi, I had instructed NPower to change to the March 2017 Fixed Tariff after the October 2013 ended as well. When I checked my online account I had also been transferred to the standard tariff. So I rang them yesterday and spoke to a lovely lad and he explained that they were inundated with all the price changes but not to worry, that as I had instructed them in October it would be transferred and backdated. When I asked for a timescale he estimated 28 days so maybe yours is the same.
  • seh567
    Forumite
    Thank you all for your answers. I too called them yesterday and was told there was a backlog but they would action now so its worth giving them a call. When you call there is an option for them to call you back to save you hanging on forever. This is what i did and they called me back a couple of hours later.

To Yorkieorchid. The electricity charges for Fix online nov 14 is 11.620 per kwh and £79.94 standing charge per annum.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    Forumite
    I called, to make my change, a couple of weeks ago but asked if I could ring again with current readings, rather than have them make an estimate. I was told to give my readings on October 31st, as the changeover is done at midnight.

I did this and the young man actually told me that I'd opted for November 1014, without my having to ask and assured me that though prices had gone up, the tariff was as quoted. Also, that I would get confirmation in writing, but that, due to heavy demand, it would take a few days.

When I first rang, to arrange the change, I asked how I would be affected as an increase must be imminent and was told that, following an increase the November 2014 tariff would be fixed but no longer offered, so that only those who already agreed would be on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure