Which coat?Going mad!!!

Ok,as a lover of all things pretty,beautiful blah blah blah I am really struggling with the whole idea of gorgeous wool coats not being practical (or quite right) for the school run,woodland walks and trips to the shop in rain.I have a few old wool coats that I've almost slimmed back into but they'll get drenched,take forever to dry and smell...then there's the lack of a hood.

So,looking at waterproof and/or more practical coats that are a little more relaxed (that will go with my heels and a nice bag ;):rotfl:) and it's a nightmare as they're all so...ugly!And that'll make me look and feel worse:o (v self conscious)

I currently have spotted 3 that are reasonable,I think.The first one I have ordered but am having doubts.

Which do you think is nicest and would look ok on a 31yo full on hourglass with flaming hair and Lily white skin?

The one I've ordered.Love the colour.Fully waterproof,fitted and has stretch.
f4bq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can nip in at waist for more shape and the different coloured detail is kinda cute?m2l5.jpg

Same as above but different colour 7h1p.jpg

If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?

Which more 'sensible' (uggh!) coat? 39 votes

Keep the first one
84% 33 votes
Second one
0% 0 votes
Third one
5% 2 votes
Go cry in a corner.practical and nice don't exist.How about a bin liner?
2% 1 vote
Relax!It's only a coat...
7% 3 votes

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Would budget stretch to Barbour? Would allow you to tick the style and practicality boxes
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Would budget stretch to Barbour? Would allow you to tick the style and practicality boxes

Nope :(

It all sucks :o
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    SLIGHTLY cheaper but similar in style would be joules.

What kind of budget are we talking?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • shegirl
    After ebaying (non practical) bits I could go to £120.Not much for what I want :(
  • Anselm
    Anselm Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2013 at 1:44AM
    What about Musto? It's got a good rep for outdoor coats and the range seems similar to the ones you've picked.

http://www.musto.com/womens-clothing/coats-jackets

Edit: whats the face fabric of those coats? (And obviously, it goes without saying I know sweet FA about women's fashion) :D
    "Nothing, Lucilius, is ours, except time." - Seneca
    Moral letters to Lucilius/Letter 1
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    The one you've ordered seems the most practical and stylish. It will go well with many colours/accessories, it's longer than the other two so will keep a skirt dry but not so long it won't look out of place over trousers.
    No 2 is a style my granny would wear, and No 3 reminds me of an anorak. Strange how one style can look so different in another colour.

Just my humble opinion :)
  • shegirl
    Anselm wrote: »
    What about Musto? It's got a good rep for outdoor coats and the range seems similar to the ones you've picked.

http://www.musto.com/womens-clothing/coats-jackets

Edit: whats the face fabric of those coats? (And obviously, it goes without saying I know sweet FA about women's fashion) :D

Haven't a clue lol
  • shegirl
    sparrer wrote: »
    The one you've ordered seems the most practical and stylish. It will go well with many colours/accessories, it's longer than the other two so will keep a skirt dry but not so long it won't look out of place over trousers.
    No 2 is a style my granny would wear, and No 3 reminds me of an anorak. Strange how one style can look so different in another colour.

Just my humble opinion :)

Yeah,the second one looks cute in some pics but frumpy in others!I was wondering if the curvage,nipping in at the waist and having the top more undone may make it look passable!

I do like the one I ordered,in the pics anyway,hasn't arrived yet so no idea what it's like in real life.Just wondered if I'll feel comfortable in it as the fabric will likely be a little stiffer than I'm used to and it's not quite as relaxed as I wish I could be (if that makes sense lol)
  • Anselm
    Anselm Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2013 at 2:00AM
    shegirl wrote: »
    Haven't a clue lol

Oh lol :D Well anyway, if you want a waterproof one, look for a fabric that's been treated with DWR (durable water repellent).

Otherwise, you could go with Gore-Tex which is waterproof but they tend to be shells and not really stylish. :rotfl:

And for what it's worth, the first one looks best.
    "Nothing, Lucilius, is ours, except time." - Seneca
    Moral letters to Lucilius/Letter 1
  • maintenanceman
    maintenanceman Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2013 at 3:29AM
    http://www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/coats/wollen-wraparound-coat-c269183p1363608.html
    and maybe an umbrellar
    What size. I'll buy it for you as long as long as I remain anonymous.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure