New House

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
2 replies 431 views
MickeyboyblueMickeyboyblue Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi guys

I have just moved into a new place and cant decide best / cheapest broadband to have.
Im not sure who the previous provider was etc but I know the telephone box is not in a good condition with corners smashed off it etc.
I live with my partner and we both just use regular internet, occasionally I may stream a footy match or two a week and when my kids come they use love film on their 3 kindle fire hd's.

Neither of us are interested in getting a home telephone as we both have free calls on mobiles.

Ive been looking at the latest BT offers with first 6 months half price free connection and sainsburys vouchers. is there a better deal I should be looking at ?
Thanks
Mick

Replies

• chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at Tesco broadband, new phone will cost £30, line rental 15.99 a month with free broadband
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • edited 31 October 2013 at 1:48PM
    macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2013 at 1:48PM
    Is the landline working (plug in a handset and test for a dial tone)? if not, a reconnection or reprovison is required. Since broadband is exchange specific, start with an exchange search on samknows.com for your available LLU providers. You can't have any ADSL or FTTC broadband service without paying line rental.
    If the NTE5 master socket has been user-damaged (sounds like a vacuum cleaner has hit it), then that's a chargeable repair which will cost you a minimum £120 call out from your line rental provider.
    PS: your mobile calls are inclusive, not free.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals