Bt Youview Help

Options
shiftypowers
shiftypowers Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 30 October 2013 at 1:19PM in TV MoneySaving
HI , I recently bought a bt youview box as I already have bt infinity broadband. When I and my partner spoke to Bt ( what we later found out was a third party sales acting on behalf of BT) we explained that we only had a freesat box / satellite what was confirmed would just plug in and be done, we were also told we had 7 days to return the box if we did not get on with it. THe salesman also said that it would easily fit through the letterbox - which we queried ( due to the size of a tv receiver box) The Youview box came and would not fit through the letterbox but luckily I was in. When I went to plug in it said it needed a normal aerial otherwise you could not get all the options I paid for.

I rang Bt to explain what happened and they told me that we could not cancel our contract and we had to wait 14 days to find out what the telephone conversation said, I asked for a copy of the phone call too knowing we were correct. Bt rang me today and confirmed that we had been miss sold the product, they also explained I could not have a copy of the phone call without paying £10.00 - I was never told this previously. I explained I would be willing to carry on with youview if I could have some sort of compensation e.g the sky sports package with HD to which they said I could have £5.00 off a month, this really does not seem worthy if I have to pay for an aerial and installation which will cost probably a couple of hundred pounds with installation. Is there any further way I can take this? I currently have BT infinity on a contract If I could get out of this I would be gone today as the way I have been treated is disgraceful and the story keeps changing with every phone call. The only reason I ask is BT this year also miss sold my parents a broadband package saying they could have it when they live in the middle of nowhere and once they got the hub it they couldn't? Is this not illegal what is also going on, third party salesman are pushing products knowing that they will not perform how they should? If I went to trading standards would it lead anywhere? Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated.

Comments

• VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You've been stitched like a kipper. Ring BT on 150 and say/press cancellations. Then explain the situation to them.

But I've never heard of a third party service selling BT products and services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure