SKY Broadband - House Move Problem

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
1 reply 403 views
HxIrishHxIrish Forumite
65 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi,

We moved house in August and the new house was all wired up for Virgin Media.
We booked our Sky house move and tv was fitted on 4th September and Broadband & phone line was booked for earliest date of 24th September.
When the engineer came on the 24th he said he couldn't install as Sky had assigned wrong telephone exchange so openreach would rebook.
They rebooked for morning of 10th October, that very morning it changed to a afternoon appointment. The engineer arrived and yet again I was told that the wrong telephone exchange had been given so installation couldn't go ahead.
After numerous calls to Sky and them not returning calls etc and being fobbed off they have eventually told me today that they can assign a new install date and it should 'hopefully' go ahead on that date. The date being some 4 weeks away on 27th November.
I have now told Sky that I would like to cancel my Broadband and phone line order as its ridiculous that we have waited 4 months for this.

They wont let me cancel my TV package but agreed to BB and phone line.

I was going to change to Virgin but it is looking like £10 per month more than I was paying Sky.

Can anyone suggest anything and also where I go with my complaint to Sky as my mobile bill is really high since August due to using it for 0845 numbers and internet.

Many Thanks
Love, Love , Love this site.......its saved me and my family a fortune

:j:money::j:money::j

Replies

• duchyduchy Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing is to stop using 0845 numbers and get national geographical ones from https://www.saynoto0870.com.

The second is Sky won't be able to offer an earlier date -you could go through their complaints procedure and if not satisfied go to OFCOM but it won't get the line any quick but "may" get you "some" compensation so really it's a case of deciding if a quicker install with Virgin (have you checked how much quicker?) is worth the extra cash
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals