IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Confirmation of small claims issued by PPCs 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Also Parking Eye are claiming almost £410k in their claims (£50 a shot), do their legal costs for issuing small claims come to that?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • seanavfc92
    Options
    Excel Parking, who I am dealing with at the moment, have 66 cases, which equates to 0.55% of all total claims. Would be good to see how many actually go through with it (or have I misread the document and they are the ones that go to small claims?)
    "No sacrifice, no victory"
    - Transformers (2007)
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I think this is number of claims filed, not number of cases heard.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Yes claims filed, I don't think we can get a foi on claims heard because of the numbers involved and the limitations on how much is spent on a foi request
  • seanavfc92
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    I think this is number of claims filed, not number of cases heard.
    Stroma wrote: »
    Yes claims filed, I don't think we can get a foi on claims heard because of the numbers involved and the limitations on how much is spent on a foi request

Thought so, just wasn't completely sure.

I've saved them as a spreadsheet and shown the percentage of amount of claims per company against the total number of claims. I'm just glad that I'm not dealing with Parking Eye who make up nearly 70% of all claims filed!
    "No sacrifice, no victory"
    - Transformers (2007)
  • jeanraffio
    Options
    What would be the circumstances that a 'claim filed' wouldn't proceed to a 'claim heard'?
    This is my *anonymous* account on MSE Forums - I post under a different username normally.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    It's paid beforehand, or parking eye or other company don't pay the hearing fee or simply don't turn up
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    jeanraffio wrote: »
    What would be the circumstances that a 'claim filed' wouldn't proceed to a 'claim heard'?

As Stroma said, plus all the cases on the 'Successful complaints about PPCs' thread where I have shown in red 'after court papers'!

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sonic74_2
    Options
    I have received a "important-do not ignore this letter" letter from JMW solicitors in Manchester, this was following about 10 letters from uk parking control then debt recovery plus. The fact was that I did get a parking machine ticket however due to the wind that day it fell into the footwell of my car. (i still have it)
    SO shall I continue to ignore this letter? or go down the route as mentioned in this feed? NB. this matter occurred in April this year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure