The Chilli Penguin And other stoves

I'm a long term lurker, having found so much help on here over the years for various issues.

I've finally persuaded DH that looking into a wood burning stove is a good idea. We actually don't have massive utility bills, but our house does get chilly in the winter and I end up wearing extra jumpers and having blankets to keep warm in the evenings.

We've found a lovely brand called Chill Penguin. I've seen them in a show room, they are the right size for our 1930's house but I can't seem to find any reviews which don't relate to boats. They aren't even listed on whatstove.co.uk. Does anyone on here have one or have experience of them?

Many thanks!

Comments

• You'd probably be better asking on one of the canal forums - there are a couple of pretty big and popular ones. Being pretty small stoves, they've always been seen as a boat stove I think, as they'd often look a bit lost on a domestic hearth.
  • suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Yup, a friend has one in his house in Cardiff and it's LOVELY! Made locally too I believe which is why he bought it but heat output and quality looked tops. I recommend :)
  • Hi , I can confirm that the Chilli penguin is a Welsh Made stove. I have one and it is fab! It is available from Decorative Heating in Tongwynlais near Cardiff as well as other stove shops throughout the uk, just look on their website chillipenguin.co.uk
  • soursweet
    soursweet Posts: 19 Forumite
    I have fitted Chilli penguin stoves and the build quality is spot on. As a reg HETAS engineer and Member of the Guild of Master Chimney sweeps I see lots of stoves and I rate chilli penguin stoves.
    Chilli penguin stoves look similar to Charnwood stoves but have the build quality of a Clearview stove.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure